There, but for the grace of ........

Bonkers trying to fit through that gap although it does remind me of a funny occasion at Lac St Croix many years ago on our first visit. I made the mistake of following the sat nav down an impossibly steep and narrow lane into the village. No way I could turn round. I ended up getting waved through by a laughing local onto the pedestrianised bit of the village with all the shops stalls, eatery tables etc in the street which they had to move out of the way so I could get past. My face must have been bright red.

Bonkers trying to fit through that gap although it does remind me of a funny occasion at Lac St Croix many years ago on our first visit. I made the mistake of following the sat nav down an impossibly steep and narrow lane into the village. No way I could turn round. I ended up getting waved through by a laughing local onto the pedestrianised bit of the village with all the shops stalls, eatery tables etc in the street which they had to move out of the way so I could get past. My face must have been bright red.
Yes it can happen quite easily (to me anyway)
Have had one or two 'riddies' . To be fair not always warning signs about

Happened to me in Minehead. Came down a very curvy road with minimal clearance either side and then came to a gap between buildings there was no way I could get through. A very interesting snaking reverse back up the hill. 😁

AND the warning signs can't always be seen!

I got a very dirty look from a Policia Local who was closing off a street in Almazan in preparation for a cycle race. After parking up I walked back down the street and saw a NoEntry sign buried in the foliage of a tree.
Fortunately, he must have decided that he was too busy or that explaining my misdemeanour would have been too much like hard work on a hot sunny afternoon.

Glad I wasn't this couple in their MH!

Gordon

In Spain we drove past some workmen and into a Spanish one way system (narrow but not too narrow),
We rounded a corner to find that locals were setting tables across the entire width of the road.
Reversed back through the system which was not easy with a trailer
The workmen were erecting "camino cerrado por festival" signs.

Oh how we laughed !

Thank god Ron drives ( me mad ) if it was me by now I would have a story or three or four or five ;)

took my old Dodge single decker into Albufeira old town once . getting out backwards took a lot longer than getting in forwards .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back