The Tardis

Mine's 5 metres. 4 belted seats and two whoosh-bang doors so a real car substitute. Seats can be turned into 2 x 2/3 seater benches, or a double bed, or 2 single beds, or (of course) 1 seat and 1 single bed. Wetroom with loo, shower, basin. Fridge, hob, kitchen sink, acres of worksurface; I opted for additional drawers rather than an oven. 2 leisure batteries, solar, boiler, blown air heating. Masses of overhead storage and a wardrobe. 3-pin and USB sockets galore. Underslung fresh and waste water tanks (with tank heaters) and underslung lpg. Fits any parking space and never needs levellers. Oh - and it has a proper spare wheel.
Much prefer it to the previous 7.2m plastic brick.

There is a layout to suit almost everyone in the campervan/motorhome world ...and I'm sure it suits the owners perfectly and they love it

BUT for us that would drive us crackers ...despite (Or possibly because )it packs so much in to such a compact space .

As a long term landrover owner and addict ...

I came close to our first campervan being a ex military ambulance body (Marshal ) being converted ...

5 minutes sat in the back of a spare body ...convinced me that it would've been bedlam for myself and the Mrs and dogs ...

Loads of clever storage and ex military loveliness ...
Mixed with a slow,thirsty seasickness machine ...

And four wheel drive that would never get used other on wet grass .

Bullet dodged .

Other Land Rover based campers are available.

Mine's 5 metres. 4 belted seats and two whoosh-bang doors so a real car substitute. Seats can be turned into 2 x 2/3 seater benches, or a double bed, or 2 single beds, or (of course) 1 seat and 1 single bed. Wetroom with loo, shower, basin. Fridge, hob, kitchen sink, acres of worksurface; I opted for additional drawers rather than an oven. 2 leisure batteries, solar, boiler, blown air heating. Masses of overhead storage and a wardrobe. 3-pin and USB sockets galore. Underslung fresh and waste water tanks (with tank heaters) and underslung lpg. Fits any parking space and never needs levellers. Oh - and it has a proper spare wheel.
Much prefer it to the previous 7.2m plastic brick.
This sounds great. Is it a home build or a professional built camper?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back