The Roof

Tim,

Do you get your windows cleaned? If yes your window chap might do it for a some beer money

have you thought of a car roller,make one for the van and easy to clean roof.
roller.png

Now that not many people have their chimneys cleaned, there are an awful lot of small children currently out of a job, you could always send one up onto your roof with a mop and bucket, giving at least one of them some much needed cash

Ladders and steps both need caution in use i've overstretched on both types and paid the consequences by falling off but i am fairly fit - but if on side of motorhome and they slip they can and probably will do some damage - my problem i just want something done and will take chances

Can’t you pop yourself out of a roof light? I can by standing up on the sofa below, then I use a long handled brush with a rag on the end to clean our solar panel.
Last month whilst parked up by the Seine east of Paris we had a cloud of mayflies surround our van at dusk; we had to close up all windows and roof lights, but in the morning I found hundreds of them, all dead, stuck on the damp roof and bike rack and ground, where wasps and sparrows were feasting on them. Weird! That’s when I wished I had a tall ladder to reach up and wipe it clean.
19A44DA7-DB11-46D0-8490-1F74B21947CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can’t you pop yourself out of a roof light? I can by standing up on the sofa below, then I use a long handled brush with a rag on the end to clean our solar panel.
Last month whilst parked up by the Seine east of Paris we had a cloud of mayflies surround our van at dusk; we had to close up all windows and roof lights, but in the morning I found hundreds of them, all dead, stuck on the damp roof and bike rack and ground, where wasps and sparrows were feasting on them. Weird! That’s when I wished I had a tall ladder to reach up and wipe it clean.View attachment 86262

Had thought about that, briefly.
A quick look at the open roof light and reality hit. If I had a ladder to get up there I'd never get through.
I'm still considering a ladder but for outside :)

Before this thread which started seriously goes down the pan. I think the telescopic ladder is my favourite option.

What about something like this £80 a lot safer if you have space and 2nd hand should hold its value wont fit in motorhome though and i am being serious + stable platform and you could get more height if required

Mouse over image to zoom
Have one to sell? Sell it yourself

Shop with confidence

eBay Money Back Guarantee
Get the item you ordered or your money back. Learn more- eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in new window or tab
Seller information
revivin87 (74
Feedback score: 74
)
98.7% Positive Feedback

Save this seller

Contact seller

See other items

Youngman P1500-as Scaffold Platform Tower

Popular item
1 viewed per hour

Condition:
Used

If you clean it what do you use to get up there.
I'm thinking of a telescopic ladder.

What do you use?
I bought a combination ladder think I could set it up likr an upside down L and so avoid putting my weight on the roof. Didnt work as I hoped so used the ladder as a big step ladder. From that i could lean over or climb on.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back