The Lakes & Leics.

draaiorgel

Hello,
We're having a break starting Thursday, and first main stop is The Lake district then onto Leicestershire.

We will try and find some cracking wild night stops and if they're good enough, add them to the sites listing when we get back.

With friendly greetings,
Ian

Yes Roi,
we've taken note of the one in front of the ski slope, but we think the other one wouldn't suit us, we think we can do better. (challenge)

Ian

Hi Roi,
We used a place in the Lakes on the Glenridding road on the hill I think it was the Great Mell Fell where we had a nice high banking on 3 sides which was level and fairly hard standing shielding us from the wind etc. the views were tremendous.

Sorry we didn't try any of your recommended places this time, but maybe sometime in the future. I must emphasize that we do like to be completely on our own when wilding, so tend to keep away from towns. We much prefer the countryside and plenty space round about us. For example we would never consider using a supermarket car park or even in a town.

But maybe a country pub carpark with permission, usually they say OK if you go in for a meal or a few drinks. Much cheaper than a campsite!

Well, I'll step down off my soap box now and give someone else a chance. :eek:

With friendly greetings,
Ian

Hello people,

Whe are coming also and whil viset the lake district. This is good information for us.
Maybe you can use our information.from oure site. Whe have there a list with a lot of "free"camper plases. You can find that on http://members.lycos.nl/henkwieke
for download the list (18 pages) go to "lijst downloaden" for only see the list u use "vrije"camperplaatsen Engeland. On oure site ther is also a view from oure holiday "planning" (it is holyday :))

When you have comment ore suggest please tell us. There is a mail link also on oure site.
With greatings
Henk en Wieke
The Netherlands

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back