The go any we're camper

P1180084.jpgP1180083.jpgP1180082.jpgP1190096.jpgheres some down at boujdour . but not surrounded by sand . very steep climb down . but not too many folk get there. all i know is i have picked fossilized coral and sea shell fossils right out in the sahara desert from when it was all under the sea . still have some here . its amazing . we had a mate take us into algieria . and acrooss the desert tundra to a place he knew . scrape the ground and there was crystals to pick up . but the coral was there as well .
also went to some stone carvings by a ex water fall. hundreds of feet high but not any chance of water there now. incredible .

heres the carvings . the waterfall was behind these rocks shame i havent got a clear pic . .you can see the hieght we were by the carvings loking down on our campers . the last is yann,s toyota . img113.jpgimg114.jpgimg115.jpgimg116.jpg
some great times had. how that type2 vw ever stood up to it i never knew . it did a big africa trip and then 3 morocco trips . only burnt a clutch and changed the rear brakeshoes . other than servicing . tyres .
mind on the last one i broke all the shocks . busted the torsion bar suspension .came home with solid bars as shocks just to allow some hieght . good job i had loads bits at home to fix it . but couldnt drive over 25mph . those where the days . hee hee

061.jpg091 - Copy (2).jpg087 - Copy (2).jpg

how have i done that ???????

Attachments

• 449.jpg
    449.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 095.jpg
    095.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 082 - Copy.jpg
    082 - Copy.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 154
  • stans phone 068.jpg
    stans phone 068.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
thats the way .its great fun out there. i can smell that dryness just looking at the pics .
i never knew how bobs ex Edinburgh service bus ever got through .he pulled me forward sometimes . i pulled him backwards . in other places .
it is far better to be in a small group . you never know when things happen . at the time it can be frightening . afterwards you smile and say easy. ha ha .
folk worry about breakdown and recovery . you arent having any on those roads . fix it .get the wheels turning pull /push what ever it takes to move it . hundreds of miles on solid tow bars or straps . thats the way back to europe if necessary.but most things are fixed in the next village .
is that a trick one by the river?

thats in frogsville samour on the way back to uk in may lovly little car park on a minor road nice and peiceful .:wave: stan

Yes please, but in the mean time heres my landie in libya, must get slide scanning and get the rest on the web

Sorry - you started off the North Africa/4x4 fan club

tiggurr_in_libya_-_small.jpg

Granvia

Well this thread certainly got hijacked!

To the OP. I own a 1998 Granvia 3.0 litre and I love mine too. They are superb vehicles and really shouldn't be compared to a Bongo!

The Granvia drives like a car and the Bongo drives like a van. I've had both and there really is no comparison.

As for a converted artic; I don't fancy popping down the shops in one of those!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back