That's scuppered it !!!!

Dezi

With Germany and Holland now imposing strict new travel regulations our trip
To Italy to see the family is now off.

We cannot afford to be held up either going or returning as we have meetings and appointments
to attend in the new year.

I shall take this set back in my usual stoic unflinching steely eyed fashion by getting drunk and throwing
Several tantrums over the next few days.

Dezi

No point in making any travel plans for the foreseeable future. We have been bitten once and don't intend being bitten again, the hassle in trying to get your money back just isn't worth it. We still have some money in credit for a camper hire in Canada, beginning to think we should fight to get that back now.:cautious:
I agree with Yorklass, we will be forever on the hamster wheel unless a miracle happens but you don't see many of those happening!

Yup, long term holidays will be very tricky to negotiate from now.

I will predict that next year we will be in lockdown after the xmas hooly.

I think as do the experts that it will be way too late by then. The rate this variant is spreading by Boxing day there will be no way of containing it.

As for holiday plans. Im kind of glad we kept the now ancient Kontiki and didnt spend a fortune upgrading it just to trundle around the UK in it. Doesnt seem much point now.

We cannot afford to be held up either going or returning as we have meetings and appointments

I shall take this set back in my usual stoic unflinching steely eyed fashion by getting drunk and throwing

Dezi
Be childish not to

We are supposed to be going through the tunnel to France and then on to Spain on the 13th January. Not looking too likely although by then every country will probably have Omicron as its dominant strain and we'll know more about its potency etc.

Megatron.jpg

Anyone remember Trinitron? If Sony didn’t copyright the name then I suspect that’s earmarked for the Timbuktu* variant.

*Note for balance feel free to Insert “T” based place name of your own choice 😀

Dezi
Thanks for the post, it has to be the best way to think of the situation 😂.
Merry Christmas

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back