That time has come ! To sellup

jagmanx

Recovering andd recuperating post surgery and Radiation theray is ongoing
I am booked in for checkups mid November and Boxing day.
No doubt more in 2024.
Maintaing a Uk presence is unlikely.
We are aso selling our house.
Insuring the motorhome is difficult if not impossible.
Question for us as to future use.
So with my Risk Assessment head on the decision is made.
So we will look back on our escapades with pleasure.
And in due course look to do other trips within the region.
I will maintain my subscription for now and ahead
We had expected to do this anyway after a last tour of. Sweden and Norway
Ok that did not happen !
C est La vie
But happily not C est La Morte

Recovering andd recuperating post surgery and Radiation theray is ongoing
I am booked in for checkups mid November and Boxing day.
No doubt more in 2024.
Maintaing a Uk presence is unlikely.
We are aso selling our house.
Insuring the motorhome is difficult if not impossible.
Question for us as to future use.
So with my Risk Assessment head on the decision is made.
So we will look back on our escapades with pleasure.
And in due course look to do other trips within the region.
I will maintain my subscription for now and ahead
We had expected to do this anyway after a last tour of. Sweden and Norway
Ok that did not happen !
C est La vie
But happily not C est La Morte
We are rapidly coming to the same conclusion ourselves.
I have had nearly a year of constant health problems, 4 hospital visits in the past three weeks.
When you reach 80 it's pretty obvious that things are not going to rapidly improve.
So C est la vie, keep smiling and two fingers up to the fates.
Dezi.

We are rapidly coming to the same conclusion ourselves.
I have had nearly a year of constant health problems, 4 hospital visits in the past three weeks.
When you reach 80 it's pretty obvious that things are not going to rapidly improve.
So C est la vie, keep smiling and two fingers up to the fates.
Dezi.
Indeed no point in keeping a vehicle which gets limited or no use.
I have a uk brokerage lined up maybe start to advertise next year.
I have secure storage for now
Hospital visits do not live happily with motorhoming

We to are beginning to think it could time to sell or perfic van, but we would love to do Spain this winter. But we can not leave till Feb at the moment and that could change depending on further treatment,
Not easy thinking about giving up your travel plans..
Painful indeed. But easy when the options are limited or zero

Very sad when you have to come to terms with the impact of health problems on our lifestyle another good friend Past member Edina has just made the same decision to sell his van and give up the travelling life style and myself as a person with limited mobility dread the day I have to make that decision so for now I will keep going, hope all your plans go smoothly.

Jagmanx, I wish you well along with all others where old age is taking its toll.
A month ago I had a brain scan , just to see if I got one.... I shouldn't joke really... my memory has faded very fast and I'm just 71. They thought it was a tumor. Bets are edged towards alzheimers. More tests to come.
We did a fly drive to Nova Scotia and got back beginning of the week... I cant remember where we went, well most of it anyway.
Sent my driving licence in to have hgv and bus classes removed as I'm due a medical next month and no chance of passing that.( ive already been told that.)
Just hope it comes back with a C1 class on it. Or there will be another motorhome for sale as Sally wont drive it...

Been there got the T shirt and it has left a big hole.

I have Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration topped off with Cataracts in both eyes. My left eye is knackered but the Cataract was removed. To make matters worse, The NH (I no longer add the S for Service) left me hanging until I finally found a contact number and rang them about my forgotten (by them) annual eye checkup. They announced that they are not removing the cataract from my other eye because the sight is still good. That means I could have kept my 4.5 ton van and had another medical to keep the C1. So here I am vanless for 2 years when I could have kept it.

Life's a bitch and then you die. :rolleyes:

Not nice to read others in similar difficulties.
Best wishes but move on.
In due course short stays in Malaysia and Vietnam may feature
And trips to other parts of Thailand...
Adapt or perish.
India a possibility but Nida would hate it so no way
Sri Lanka maybeu

Not nice to read others in similar difficulties.
Best wishes but move on.
In due course short stays in Malaysia and Vietnam may feature
And trips to other parts of Thailand...
Adapt or perish.
India a possibility but Nida would hate it so no way
Sri Lanka maybeu
Such a shame but at least you are looking at what you can do.
I loved Sri Lanka.

I have Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration topped off with Cataracts in both eyes. My left eye is knackered but the Cataract was removed. To make matters worse, The NH (I no longer add the S for Service) left me hanging until I finally found a contact number and rang them about my forgotten (by them) annual eye checkup. They announced that they are not removing the cataract from my other eye because the sight is still good. That means I could have kept my 4.5 ton van and had another medical to keep the C1. So here I am vanless for 2 years when I could have kept it.

one day we'll swap eye hospital stories , but maybe not - just makes me feel worse !

Know what you mean about the “S”. My Glaucoma check ups moved hospital and my previous checks were 4 to 6 month intervals, nearly 12 months went by without a check until I reminded them I was still on their books.!

I can’t knock our hospital as I was diagnosed with wet Macular degeneration just over 18 months ago and every month to six weeks I go for eye injections in my left eye I’m due To go again on Wednesday, they have stabilised the vision in my eye and it won’t improve but my right eye is still quite good and I’m 73.

John.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back