Thankful for safefill bottles

NZ, reg and reg hose sit below flush of top of tank. There is no fill hose, tank is removed for filling. Although I do believe a member has hard plumbed in tank to an external fill point?
Ahhhh, Yeah Of corse 👍.
I was comparing it to Gasit systems,,,,

Thankyou NZ and Runnoch, if the bottle will fit in my gas cupboard I'll be taking it out to fill it.
Ken.

No problem, your welcome.

I note from their website, company not taking online orders, appears you can only purchase through their dealer network. Hopefully there is one near to you?

As normal not one over here,though a firm in Bangor Co Down do steel refillable bottles.

Thankyou Runnoch, it doesn't look as if there any dealers near me, so I'll more than likely get one from ebay.
Ken.

What sort of saving can you expect over calor ? There must be some sort of break even point .

When I worked for holiday break Plc we used our own vehicles but they insured for business use we were told for insurance reasons and industry regs we were allowed to carry to thirteens and must be secured

What sort of saving can you expect over calor ? There must be some sort of break even point .

When I worked for holiday break Plc we used our own vehicles but they insured for business use we were told for insurance reasons and industry regs we were allowed to carry to thirteens and must be secured
Yes there is a good saving IF you have a local place to refill them. :unsure:

It costs us about £15 to fill our 10kg Safefill. (not exact price but around that) I priced up a 13kg propane and it was about £36. Plus the fact that you never give gas back once you have Safefill..

I don’t think that there’s any doubt in that a ‘Refillable Bottle’ of some kind saves absolutely Shed loads of cash over time.
I just think that the refilling points are few & far between & Getting even less !.
If you use a lot of gas, a £400 investment in a Refillable system of some kind or another ‘Could’ pay for itself in say two years !.
Yep I’ve got a Refillable system (22lt Gas it Plus).
Cheap to refill, Had a bit of a Problem when traveling in Scotland, & A LOT of a problem on her islands, but luckily I really don’t use that much gas, I probably only use say 40 lt A YEAR !.
Is it worth it 🤔🤔🤔
Yep I really do think so, especially if you factor in the convenience. EVEN BETTER IF You’ve got a duo system like me (22 Lt Gas it Plus & 6Kg standard Calor bottle as reserve ) for best of both words.

Last edited by a moderator:
It costs us about £15 to fill our 10kg Safefill. (not exact price but around that) I priced up a 13kg propane and it was about £36. Plus the fact that you never give gas back once you have Safefill..

They must have seen you coming as I pay a fraction of that to refill my SafeFill. Only last month I filled my cylinder from nearly empty and it cost an eye watering £7.59

At Morrisons last week my system took 17.87 litres @55.9p per litre. Say 9kg for £10. When you get a 13kg calor that is about the amount of gas you get. Even comparing refillables with 13kg calor its a big saving.

Hi all, After much deliberation and measuring I finally bit the bullet and purchased a 5kg Safefill bottle from Cannock Caravan Accessories via Ebay. Very impressed with speed of delivery. Bearing in mind I measured my triangular gas bottle cupboard 47 times, when I tried it, it wouldn't fit. The upper shelf was high enough, but the step at the bottom wouldn't allow enough tilt, so out came the shelf with much splintering ( I'd forgotten about the hidden screw at the back of the shelf ) doh! It's bound to fit now after all my measuring-Nope- the bulge in the sides of the bottle won't allow the base of the bottle to sit on the floor. I can't cut the bottom step of the cupdoard away 'cos there'll be a gap at the bottom of the door. Out with the router and shave 10mm from the inside walls (the cupboard unit is made from 15mm laminated ply) the bottle still won't sit on the floor!!! Out with the multi-tool cut 10mm from the inside of the step. Success the bottle sits on the floor of the cupboard and I can shut the door. So with success of the bottle now fitting in the cupboard, off I went to find an LPG supplier. Loaded the App for fillLpg onto my smart phone, it kept coming up with suppliers in the forest of dean, I live outside Cardiff for Christ's sake I don't live in the Forest. Back to t'interweb in the house, found Asda's at junction 30 / M4 at 52.7 per litre, great it's only 12 miles, off I went. Found the pump, fitted the nozzle, read instuctions on pump, press and hold nozzle, press trigger on nozzle, nothing happens, then there's an almighty cloud of gas, let go of trigger, WTF!!! okay read the pump try again! how hard can this be, still no gas, another cloud of gas fills the van, it must be me, people are doing this every day, try again press button ( white light suddenly goes off in my head open the valve on the bottle 'cos otherwise nothing can in, eejit!!! ) Now we're cutting coal- filled the bottle,pump cut off, check visual display on pump £4.64p Yeah Result! 5kg bottle full of gas compared to the last bottle I bought 3.9kg for £20.99p. Got to clean all the dust out from the routing now.
Thankyou to all the contributors on here re: the Sfafefill bottles.
So the conclusion I have come to is- no matter how many times I measure and how many times I read the pump instructions, I still get it wrong.
Regards,
Ken.

At the moment I can't think, I'm in a darkened room with a funny jacket on.
Lol.
Ken

Got mine fitted last week and alls working just fine,just have to learn how to cook on a gas open flame. :unsure:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back