Thank you part 2

Geraldine

well,well,well
Spoke to Esther Quarm West Sussex county council liaison officer for Gypsy/Travellers.

In April they put the area in question under obs to see if people were staying full time.
Those that had been staying longer than a few days were given pieces of paper informing them that they had been observed camping for x amount of days,etc

That if they remained during the next visit court proceedings would be started.

When the officers returned No one, Yes No one was there from the original group.

New lot had arrived!

If we already have a system in place where officers monitor the area and act accordingly why is a Road traffic order needed.
I will be putting a complaint in about Councillor Evans.

If we already have a system in place where officers monitor the area and act accordingly why is a Road traffic order needed.
I will be putting a complaint in about Councillor Evans.
Perhaps they are of the belief that by introducing a tro the problem will disappear? However a tro will be easier to enforce.

In respect of the councillor dont shoot from the hip, perhaps John Thompson and John H can give guidance as both former councillors and perhaps can suggest the best line of approach via PM. ?

in my book if you are sticking your head above the parapet and throwing a punch make it count !!!

Channa

I was,at the meeting it now turns out the councillor has lied or certainly mislead the committee but it also seems he has been speaking to motorhomers pretending to be the gypsy and traveller enforcement officer,we are still gathering evidence.

He certainly said that all the people that had been asked to move by being served with the letter were still there and commented on 'the brass neck ...' of them ignoring the order. According to the actual Gypsy Traveller liaison officer who had been visiting the area, all the people who had been 'served notice' had in fact moved on and at their next visit there were different vans / visitors in place. Peter Evans was either mistaken or deliberately misleading. Only he would know the answer to that! (Mandie)

There's a surprise, a dirty lying barsteward in a position of authority, or does he just have dilusions of grandeur ?

Very clever Google has added parts Thank you one and two to sad day for Worthing. If you google camping seafront Ferring.

Not impressed and will be careful what I write from now on.

Thank you for pointing this out Tony from Auss.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back