Testing Hank 2

barryd

Posting this from the rear lounge parked outside our house. :ROFLMAO:

I finally got round to figuring out how this fancy new fangled Truma stuff and fridge works. Water heats up quite nicely on boost on gas, fridge did light on gas despite us sloping a bit downwards. Yet to see if its getting cold though! Its a dull day so Ive got my laptop plugged in so I can get an idea of how good the single leisure battery is with this single solar panel. I have to say and I never thought I would say this, the rear lounge is more comfy than Hank 1 and that is saying something. What I did find alarming when I turned off the water heating is the Truma unit underneath the back rear seat kept running for a couple of minutes before shutting down. I assume thats normal.

Mrs D will be along shortly to square stuff away so no doubt ill get kicked out. We were going to have a trial run somewhere local but nobody can be bothered with that. We will just wing it. :D

REmember to christen it with some hanky panky, twice as its hanky no 2. 😂

With the look on Michelles face just now sorting through all the crap I don't think that would be a good suggestion just now Trev. I've bailed out and gone back in the house. :D Battery has had a fair bit of use this morning and its dropped a level on the control panel. Will be interested to see if it creeps back up this afternoon with the Solar. Crap day though. Jury is still out on that one.

With the look on Michelles face just now sorting through all the crap I don't think that would be a good suggestion just now Trev. I've bailed out and gone back in the house. :D Battery has had a fair bit of use this morning and its dropped a level on the control panel. Will be interested to see if it creeps back up this afternoon with the Solar. Crap day though. Jury is still out on that one.
Get a we coffee on with a sponfull of whisky, ferk the van. ;)

It would appear the solar is doing its job even on a dull day. Just been back in and its showing fully charged again. So far so good. I am getting grief though for not sorting out all my jobs. Rain stopped play :D

Same here Barry a few drops was enough to send me scurrying back inside again.

Now Julie wants me listing stuff up for sale as part of our clearout and I hate selling stuff, I'd rather bin it!

Now Julie wants me listing stuff up for sale as part of our clearout and I hate selling stuff, I'd rather bin it!
I'm the same, Rob, but am becoming more resilient after last week's experience of trying to sell the French hovel. The supposed purchaser has submitted a p*ss take offer and then tried to reduce it by a further €5,000 less than an hour later! So, having decided to leave most of my tools for the new purchaser [cost more to bring them back], I embarked upon a 'everything for sale' spree. It only yielded around €300, but the new purchaser will have to pay around €2,000 to replace them ... Even then, my offer to a neighbour to sell 2 Metabo Drills [Pro Quality] for €60 in total wa rejected as 'too expensive'

Off to try and sell my concrete mixer now ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

I'm the same, Rob, but am becoming more resilient after last week's experience of trying to sell the French hovel. The supposed purchaser has submitted a p*ss take offer and then tried to reduce it by a further €5,000 less than an hour later! So, having decided to leave most of my tools for the new purchaser [cost more to bring them back], I embarked upon a 'everything for sale' spree. It only yielded around €300, but the new purchaser will have to pay around €2,000 to replace them ... Even then, my offer to a neighbour to sell 2 Metabo Drills [Pro Quality] for €60 in total wa rejected as 'too expensive'

Off to try and sell my concrete mixer now ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

I've got tents, boats, stoves and all sorts to sell Steve.

I'd rather keep them but we're inundated with 'stuff' made worse by the fact that we are also storing all of my daughter's household goods whilst they are living with us.

I don't like insulting offers and generally when they make such an offer I say "sorry, I'm now not selling it to you now even if you offer the asking price". :mad:

So its you responsable for global warming & land fill sending to the dump. 😂

I've got tents, boats, stoves and all sorts to sell Steve.

I'd rather keep them but we're inundated with 'stuff' made worse by the fact that we are also storing all of my daughter's household goods whilst they are living with us.

I don't like insulting offers and generally when they make such an offer I say "sorry, I'm now not selling it to you now even if you offer the asking price". :mad:
I will buy you two pints for the boat, if that is insulting I will stretch to three pints

I get loads of d heads here offering insulting monies for new or used outboard engines, i just say with a smile best go look ebay or facebook.

I know that feeling.

I found a second hand Harley I was interested in at a local HD dealer. I had no Part ex so I asked the salesman what they would accept. He said he'd check with the sales manager who said they wanted the sticker price and not a penny less. I made an offer (cheeky) of 10% less, and the sales manager rejected it.
Over the next week I got a series of calls with the price going down a little each time. I rejected them all.
Eventually they offered it for less than I had bid and I still refused.
I explained to the salesman that I no longer had faith in them and didn't want to do business with them.

A year later the dealership closed, I guess other people had bad experiences.

I know that feeling.

I found a second hand Harley I was interested in at a local HD dealer. I had no Part ex so I asked the salesman what they would accept. He said he'd check with the sales manager who said they wanted the sticker price and not a penny less. I made an offer (cheeky) of 10% less, and the sales manager rejected it.
Over the next week I got a series of calls with the price going down a little each time. I rejected them all.
Eventually they offered it for less than I had bid and I still refused.
I explained to the salesman that I no longer had faith in them and didn't want to do business with them.

A year later the dealership closed, I guess other people had bad experiences.

I usually put 'No offers please' or if I don't mind too much I put 'ONO' if I get an email or 'phone call about an item I will say there is no point in haggling. I suppose I could put a few quid on an item and play the game but I just can't be bothered. Having said that if I'm buying something I do make a lower offer to start with because I assume that the seller has done exactly that! :giggle:

I usually sell stuff cheap for the sake of a quick sale. The last things I sold was an electric outboard motor and an inflatable boat. both items sold quickly for the asking price and the chap who bought the motor said he felt guilty buying it at the price.

My daughter tried a couple of car boot sales to get rid of stuff but she got fed up of people walking up and looking at an item and then just walking off with it whilst there partner tried to distract her.

Well as you know I've been lucky with Facebook Market place a few times now. Sold the big scoot in six hours and the motorhome in just under 24, I sold a Windsurfer and a Cadec barbeque on there also. The thing to do I found is to learn to weed out the tossers, time wasters and scammers. They are usually pretty obvious. Illiterate and asking for phone numbers before anything else. Just do it all by message. I did give my number to the buyer of the van in the end but only after I had vetted them which you can do. I hated it though so I kind of agree with you. Its free however and it does work. Pricing is key I reckon.

Back