Tesco vouchers and Eurotunnel - forgot the 14 day thingy

dots46

Doh, in trying to get other stuff sorted I have forgot the book 14 days before travelling rule. We leave 1st September and I have been holding back in case we decided to take the car instead. Anyone had any luck getting booked within the 14 day period?

Cost of outbound is £70 so not too bad if I have to pay it but just kicking myself at the moment.

Thanks
Doug

You will be lucky to get any any allowance when paying with Tesco vouchers as they redeem at less than half of their face value to the supplier.

we booked a crossing a day after receiving the voucher codes just to be told at the next booking that there is a 14 day waiting period and no way you can be booked before that :dance:

Booked within 1hour of receiving vouchers with absolutely no problems.

Regrettably if you have missed the 14 days they are more than likely gone. Have you tried pleading with them, I do mean grovelling.

Called Eurotunnel today and it's Tesco system that stipulates the 14 day period so the earliest I could book is the 5th (when we come back!). Unfortunately you can only book the Dover to Calais route with the vouchers.

I haven't actually lost anything as didn't convert the clubcard points to vouchers yet. All it means is the outbound will cost me £70 instead of £60 of free vouchers and £10 from my pocket. Not the end of the world, just annoying. Ironically I priced up a ferry last night and it's about the same as the standard tunnel price for the van (£160 ish). The car would have been £60 return though.

I must have been more organised last time we went!

My apologies as I thought, incorrectly, that you had redeemed the points for voucher. All's well that ends well and have a good break.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back