Tenerife

Moonraker 2

I am in this lovely place ( by aeroplane) but on a walk along the shore counted 25 campers in a large car park. Firstly isn't it great they can do that but second, I was surprised by a couple of German vans. It must be a costly trip considering the drive down to southern Spain and then a lengthy ferry trip.
Lovely here though, 25 degrees today and Carnival time.

I've seen German vans on all the Canary Isles I've been to, last time I looked (many years ago) it was very expensive to get a MH there.
p.s. quick check on 7m van £1400 return leaving next week. Wacked in April thinking it would be cheaper, nope £1566.

Last edited:
Its the place to be if you want proper winter sunshine and 24 hr warmth. Been a few times over Christmas and New Year but not in the van. There used to be some good bargains if you booked apartments for several weeks or a couple of months. Certainly work out cheaper than taking the van I bet.

I went on my own once a few years back just for a week. Pal had a really top notch time share and couldnt make it so he gave it to me for the week FOC. Flight was about £150 I think. :D Michelle couldnt go. 😆

We’re off to Lanzarote next Tuesday for a month and really looking forward to it.

Staying in Playa Blanca this time but not with the van. All in about £2,600 with a car and a two bedroom apartment. We have seen an Adria Twin on UK plates down there a couple of years ago.

Cheers

H

I am in this lovely place ( by aeroplane) but on a walk along the shore counted 25 campers in a large car park. Firstly isn't it great they can do that but second, I was surprised by a couple of German vans. It must be a costly trip considering the drive down to southern Spain and then a lengthy ferry trip.
Lovely here though, 25 degrees today and Carnival time.
Was this the big car park at Las Galetas? Only asking because we saw a load of German and Dutch vans there pre Covid and they were dead handy for everything the town has to offer. The morning fish stalls are great in Las Galetas. I bought two good sized Tuna steaks for €3 and a big bag of prawns for not much more.

Cheers

H

Winks, it is pueta de la cruz.
Yikes, Colinm that is pricy even without paying overnight parking. Cheaper to fly and get a cheap hotel. I don't need a car, buses are great.

Its the place to be if you want proper winter sunshine and 24 hr warmth. Been a few times over Christmas and New Year but not in the van. There used to be some good bargains if you booked apartments for several weeks or a couple of months. Certainly work out cheaper than taking the van I bet.

I went on my own once a few years back just for a week. Pal had a really top notch time share and couldnt make it so he gave it to me for the week FOC. Flight was about £150 I think. :D Michelle couldnt go. 😆
All those nice half dressed girls too, of course you never looked in case you damaged ones eyes, well maybe risk one eye.;)

Our annual lads only holiday is booked at the end of March in Tenerife but I'm giving it a miss this year and going to Scotland and the lakes instead.

I will get out there at some point though as my sister owns a beautiful villa in Costa Adeje so I only need to pay for a flight. Julie can't go either because she cannot go on planes/boats due to her medical conditions.

Our annual lads only holiday is booked at the end of March in Tenerife but I'm giving it a miss this year and going to Scotland and the lakes instead.

I will get out there at some point though as my sister owns a beautiful villa in Costa Adeje so I only need to pay for a flight. Julie can't go either because she cannot go on planes/boats due to her medical conditions.
I really dont think you should go out there on your own Rob. You will need some like minded biker pals off here to go with you to keep you on the straight and narrow. :cool:

I really dont think you should go out there on your own Rob. You will need some like minded biker pals off here to go with you to keep you on the straight and narrow. :cool:

I don't think you'd like it Barry, we'd have to drink with my little sister and that is downright dangerous!

She's been known to drink for 36 hours without sleep before now. A mate of mine met up with her and her husband not so long back and he said never again, damn near killed him!

I don't think you'd like it Barry, we'd have to drink with my little sister and that is downright dangerous!

She's been known to drink for 36 hours without sleep before now. A mate of mine met up with her and her husband not so long back and he said never again, damn near killed him!

If your trying to put me off, its not working!! :ROFLMAO:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back