talbot express front wheel bearing

martyb

hello all once again, well after having a great weekend away in devon at a couple of very nice sites (quiet) and one a working farm,I realised that the noise from the drivers side wheel/drive shaft was getting worse. On getting back home I jacked up the van and there is movement in the wheel, So I am assuming it is the wheel bearing. On ringing to get a new one I was told there are to sizes..large and small. The wheel size is 14" I am trying to keep the cost down,quite happy to do the bearing,just need some advice on which type of bearing to get. Thanks

If you go to 'Preloved uk', forums, there is a whole 'talbot' page with lots of answers to be had. I have a Talbot Express 1300D, helps to know model, year etc. Paol.
PS just rebuilt mine. See 'Invitation to my meet' on this site. P

This is going to sound weird !!...But look at your chassis plate...the bottom number will say ricambi no .....ring a Fiat dealer they will tell you what you need when you quote the spares number..

After that a Motorist discount centre..for the bearing...They might even know anyway from catalogues where the express has a 14 inch wheel.

Somebody may be able to provide a more definitive answer, But If you do as I suggest it will ascertain what you need now and going forwards.

The reason for the Fiat dealer btw ...is that your van was built in Seval Italy, and Fiat are/were a major stakeholder

Channa

These are Fiats weak link!!! So far so good at 18,000m but they have been know to fail at only 10,000m which is terrible, in my days as a Vauxhall apprentice it was not unknown for wheel bearings to last the life of the car, my Viva had over 100,000m of hard use and NEVER had a bearing replaced - take a look on the Fiat Forum website for more info.

How old is your van? I only ask as I had a company email the Fiat factory for a dizzy cap and all the stuff for my mk1 Ducato was on microfiche....."somewhere!" Luckily, I work in the motor trade after market and even luckier, one of the local garages had a shed load of old Ducato stuff and sorted me out. Not mentioning any names but try Unipart ;)

Thanks fo rthis posting. I have lost one of the rubber caps (not me but the numpties in the garage?)on the headlight and I think it may start to let in water. I will try preloved. Unless someone on here has a spre to sell me.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back