Talbot autosleeper.

lenny

Hi. just bought an old talbot campervan on e,bay ,It may be a dog but it gives me something to do over the winter.
No doubt, I'll be on the lookout for spares in the near future,so any advice on
outlets in the North East would be appreciated.

P.S. If you want to see it ,go to e,bay No. 290177060329.

Thanks in advance. Regards.. Lenny

Attachments

• fb25_12.jpg
    fb25_12.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 180
talbot

Hi. just bought an old talbot campervan on e,bay ,It may be a dog but it gives me something to do over the winter.

nice van could to see one rescued

Talbot

Thanks Merlin, It's not rescued yet but I,ll have a good go at it.
I see you,re from Ayrshire, I stayed at Craig Tara Last year with the bairns,
it cost £28 per night to camp in the car park at the entrance, with minimal facilities.
Cheers.. Lenny

£28 a night, i would never pay it. What did you get for that ?

craig tara

It is a haven site and it has swimming pool,bars,food outlets,amusement arcades etc, but as I say ,the tourers are pitched in a car park,out the way.
That is why I joined this site. cheers..Lenny

No doubt, I'll be on the lookout for spares in the near future

Does it need much doing on it then lenny? I hope you'll be keeping us up-to-date with progress. :cool: I like panel van conversions, especially Autosleeper ones.

Tony

talbot autosleeper

I dont pick it up till Saturday, so don,t yet know what needs to be done,but I like a challenge and I will have a good go at it.
I have a renault traffic rambler autosleeper just now and I too am impressed with the quality of the conversion.
Thanks for the response Tony I'll keep you all informed.. Lenny

looks like a bargain, most body panels are available and cheap enough. the only thing i had a prob with when i had one, was the heater motor none available but that was for the early model, otherwise every thing else ok.

fuel

is it petrol or diesel lenny

Well ,I pick up the van from Sheffield on saturday morning,not sure what to expect, so have prepared for every eventuallity.
Hope to drive it back to Newcastle on trade plates and followed by my brother in mine, so if you see a Talbot Express followed closely by a Renault Trafic,(both cream autosleepers) ,give us a flash and a big wave.

P.S. Check out my new Avatar(It's Jack,as a puppy)

Well ,I pick up the van from Sheffield on saturday morning,not sure what to expect, so have prepared for every eventuallity.
Hope to drive it back to Newcastle on trade plates and followed by my brother in mine, so if you see a Talbot Express followed closely by a Renault Trafic,(both cream autosleepers) ,give us a flash and a big wave.

sheffield, not too far away from my neck of the woods i only live 25 mins away at barnsley well wombwell realy good luck the talbot i bought i drove it from a place in kent :eek::eek: and yours looks a hell of lot better

Hi Lenny so your not not sure what to expect here is a tip put your thermal undies on its cold man. Love the dog he looks like a terrier.

Always where the thermals these days, I,ve got a pan of broth on the hob right now,should be nice and thick tommorow.

Got my Talbot

:cool:One or two will be interested to know I got the old campervan home without any problems.
Hav'nt got much time,so I''ll be back shortly with my experiences and maybe some pics of it on my drive.

Cheers ...Lenny:D:D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back