Swivel front seat

mike w

Looking to fit a swivel seat base to the passenger side of a Peugeot Boxer X250.
It's on an Eldis Sunseeker that has the galley/bulkhead behind it.
I have found seat frames that spin centrally, another offset to one side and a third type that is centre line but rearwards.
Having emailed the online retailer without response I wondered if any one has attempted a similar installation and could advise the most suitable type?
Regards, Mike

I had a passenger swivel on my last Burstner with a bulkhead behind it. All it would do was turn 90 degrees to face the drivers seat. I did use it sometimes, mostly to sit in a warm sunny spot with my feet up on the other seat and do a crossword.

Ours was fitted by converters locks forward an turns 180° front to back an they line up with existing holes. But they could be handed, just looked on ebay and some don,t appear to be but are all very expensive

Last edited:
There appears to be quite a few companies advertising swivel seat bases on the internet, they seem to be priced between £100 to £150.

There appears to be quite a few companies advertising swivel seat bases on the internet, they seem to be priced between £100 to £150.
Get them shipped from China for less than £100

Some big semi 4/4 wagons have them from new, some only turn 90 deg, but I have moded them which is easy, there is a stop which can be ground away and then a cut must be made to locate the locking pin, took a day too do both seats.
And dont grease the bearings or slide as it attracts dust and grime, use dry silicone or graphite powder spray.

Thanks for all replies. I am still unsure if an offset base is the way to go.

Get them shipped from China for less than £100
And get a free new Covid variant as a new customer. :oops:

Thanks DnK. Now have all the info I need. The offset frames throw the turned seat 80mm into the centre of the van to give extra clearance for the B post.
Looks like I need to make a template before ordering.😁

Check the size and position of the mounting holes> I oredered one for my Fiat Ducato and when I went to fit it the holes didnt line up

We used a base from adventureltd@gmail.com. Also had a new seat which was not a great finish ( posted on here with pics!) The base was really easy to fit and good quality.
The salesman, Carl, was very helpful in ensuring we got the right base.

Get a base from the s/yard and mod it to fit, a welder is a handy tool or find someone who can do the mods.

It only gos bang if the seat has the seatbelt attached. the fait decato seat belt clip goin floor not seat.
We ant getting any lighter so looking for EU test on swivel. 16 stone on top plate .... not good in my eyes

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back