Swift Rio 340

We have been very pleased with ours. A few bits needed attention but on the whole its a good layout with bags of heated storage space under the floors and a massive garage. Always amazed me that the UK manufacturers never seemed to like garages. Our Bolero had a massive end bathroom which was a bit of a waste considering how little time you spend in the bathroom. The UK manufacturers would rather add all the bells and whistles and the much publicised UK spec which includes a hob with a useless electric ring. You can certainly see why people head for the German brands after sampling the homebred versions.
I guess that is why there are so many different layouts available to chose from as different people want different things.
I have what I guess could be called a "massive" end bathroom - at least in typical Motorhome terms - and I love it. It was actually the specific requirement when looking at a new one. Could not be doing with having a shower and toilet combined in a cupboard like so many layouts you see.

For the sake of balance, we bought our '18 plate Wildax in 2020 and have been quite satisfied with the build quality. Not perfect but, now coming up to six years, it's still looking and performing well. We've done loads of little 'improvements' to suit our own needs but that's no reflection on the original build.
I bought my Autotrail in 2020 also. Not quite as new as yours ... Mine was an early '08 plate with over 100,000 miles on the clock and the build quality of the UK made motorhome has been near perfect. The only actual fault on the Habitation side has been the Shurflo water pump failed to prime the supply if the tank was allowed to run empty (bought new pump) and the 3-way fridge played up on the gas like all 3-way fridges do (bought new all-electric fridge).
Nothing has fallen off or broken. There is some work I need to do on the bodywork to prettify it, but fair enough after 16 years and can't imagine any 16 year old German motorhome would be any better.

I bought my Autotrail in 2020 also. Not quite as new as yours ... Mine was an early '08 plate with over 100,000 miles on the clock and the build quality of the UK made motorhome has been near perfect. The only actual fault on the Habitation side has been the Shurflo water pump failed to prime the supply if the tank was allowed to run empty (bought new pump) and the 3-way fridge played up on the gas like all 3-way fridges do (bought new all-electric fridge).
Nothing has fallen off or broken. There is some work I need to do on the bodywork to prettify it, but fair enough after 16 years and can't imagine any 16 year old German motorhome would be any better.
I don't think Autotrail had heard of Bean Counters in 2008 they came later and the build quality dropped.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back