Swift gas locker problem

Telstar

Free Member
Hi

Whilst looking at the problems forum, I thought that we could include problems that we had identified and rectified. It may assist others on the site.

So to start it off, my first van was an Ace Torino which was built by Swift (in 2003 according to the dealer - 2002 according to Swift, but that is another story!). You will notice from the picture that the gas locker is situated above the wheel arch, that was the problem. When we travelled and it was raining or standing water on the road, water was forced up the gas drop vent into the locker itself. As the locker is not sealed and was in effect inside the van, this water would find its way into the living quarters. Solution, the metal locker seam inside the locker was sealed BUT not the gas drop vent and a metal deflector was fitted in the wheel arch to divert water spray from the gas drop vent. Problem Solved. Swift were informed but evidently nobody else had reported this problem.

DSCF0029.jpg
[/IMG]

Jon

us too

was:mad:- now:) we have had this problem also, mounds of sealant later, still no better. we will take your advice and see if it solves our problem too. thanks, alan and jackie

Your right, they should have got their act together. However, the designers usually never use motorhomes, perhaps that is where the problem is. I will however give Swift a plus point here as they undertake a customer survey after you have had the van a short while. I am not saying that they take any notice of it but how many others even go to the trouble of undertaking one?

As for the choice of motorhome, for me and I presume many others cost is the major factor. However, after that I assume size, layout, equipment, interior colours and quality of items/materials such as bed bases and lounge seats feature highly. On considering what was available/on display at Birmingham two years ago and met my needs/spec is the reason why I again bought British. It hopefully also keeps a guy in work in this country building it and others in work supplying and delivering parts.

I wish however, I had the confidence and skill to build a self build, that way I would only have myself to blame!

Jon

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back