swearing

pappajohn

why cant you vent your spleen and have a good old swear in the PM section.
i thought the idea of PM was to have a private conversation with a fellow member.
sometimes,for me, a hard swearword is the only way i can put across what i feel or think at that moment in time. smilies ect just dont have enough clout.
i know some of you are going to say "get a grasp of the english language" but this is my way of releasing anger not some string of words that have no meaning to me.

john.

pappajohn said:
why cant you vent your spleen and have a good old swear in the PM section.
i thought the idea of PM was to have a private conversation with a fellow member.
sometimes,for me, a hard swearword is the only way i can put across what i feel or think at that moment in time. smilies ect just dont have enough clout.
i know some of you are going to say "get a grasp of the english language" but this is my way of releasing anger not some string of words that have no meaning to me.

john.
u canni beat a good f----n swear

Difficult..but I for one would be offended if there was lots of swearing on the site
Maybe it's my age, some words really make me cringe and I find swearing very intimidating and threatening.
I have 3 sons, the youngest 20 so I am no prude and have been a youth worker for most of my working life until 2 years ago. I've heard all the words you can think of but still dont like it.
Sorry if you cant see my point of view
:confused: :confused:

gillr49 said:
Difficult..but I for one would be offended if there was lots of swearing on the site
Maybe it's my age, some words really make me cringe and I find swearing very intimidating and threatening.
I have 3 sons, the youngest 20 so I am no prude and have been a youth worker for most of my working life until 2 years ago. I've heard all the words you can think of but still dont like it.
i believe john was meaning in private messages where only the sender and reciever are the intended viewers of said swearing

so do i nothing wrong with it in private if needs must but not in general posts think we all will agree with that

sorry folks, i just reallized why its a no-no.
i can send a pm to anyone on this forum and if the content isnt "censored" ,for a better word, then the recipient could really come under attack in any way i felt fit.
i knew there would be a reason.:eek:
john.
ps. the word is still there but has been replaced with ****ing. obviously by the site programming.

gillr49 said:

hi gill,
i certainly would'nt like to see it in general posts but i dont mind the use of symbols to spell part of a swear word if it gives more effect to the sentence in question. us northern folk were dragged up on bad language or at least where im from.;) and im not from a 'bad' area.
i sometimes jump in feet first when replying to posts as well:D .

john.

Nothing like a good ol swear word to vent off on something..:D

steve

chigman said:
Nothing like a good ol swear word to vent off on something..:D

steve
As said nowt like a good Effing & jeffing, so long as you know the person at the other end reasonable well.:D
snowgoose.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back