Sunny Spain

spigot

Well not really, first 2days heavy rain.

After everything going wrong including the ferry cancelled due to bad weather in Bay of Biscay, we found a quiet spot by the beach north of Santander outside the prohibition zone but woken in the morning by a dreadful noise, they were digging up the road 2mtrs from the van, we escaped quick.

Next nightmare, having overshot the usual road to Logroño I decided to take a chance & rely on the satnag to get us there, bad decision!. I was getting worried when the road became a single track & later the road was blocked where the heavy rain had triggered an avalanche of snow containing several trees making the road impassable.

I had to reverse down the mountain road, round couple of hairpins to a spot wide enough for a 14 point turn, I’m going to bin that effing Garmin.

Got to the aire at Miranda-del-Ebro to find it blocked off by the policia, the area was under the river Ebro, locals were taking photos, they said they’ve seen such rain.

Last edited:
Right place

Well....with all your travel experiences thought you'd know where to be....or not lol 😂
20'C here on the costas.....we off to Seville for some culture next week as the warmth finally returns inland LOL......Maja

Gorgeous here in Castellon Grao. Pensacola was dead so nice to chill with cafe y cognac 17 celcius here

Now at Cullera south of Valencia, 18deg but there must be 1000 vans here, gotta get out!

Have parked at Cullera in quieter times and quite a good spot. Not sure if a 1000 vans could get on that spot but it does sound a bit crowded.

Hopefully the council will provide extra refuse disposal facilities, otherwise it will be a real ghetto?

Probably moved on from Miranda by now, but for the record.....the area by the E LeClerk supermarket offers somewhere to park overnight close to the motorway (and it's free of toll to go one junction in each direction). Also has the added bonus of the cheapest fuel I have ever found in Iberia......there is a 24 hour self serve facility out of hours.
Sorry, can't help with the weather.

-16c here in the north of Norway, the weather app says it feels like -23c haven’t stuck our noses out yet to see!! BTW we are not in the Motorhome, just thought it would make you all feel much warmer 😁

Very pleasant here in Bolnuevo

332B7E0A-3F45-441A-8D21-BDE4DF11A556.jpg

Pat

:
-16c here in the north of Norway, the weather app says it feels like -23c haven’t stuck our noses out yet to see!! BTW we are not in the Motorhome, just thought it would make you all feel much warmer

:scared:
Don't say we didn't warn you. !

We're flying back to Newcastle, for a funeral.
That's north enough for us... Even in August.

Sorry to hear of your perilous trip, but surely that means you have had all your bad luck in one go and the rest of the trip will be great.!!!
I am very encouraged by all the (smug) comments that follow as I am due on the ferry on the 11th Feb and was worried about the temperatures. So as long as I avoid the mud slides and trees I should be ok.

Still in Cullera, found a spot which is not sardine-like by the river.

My estimation of 1000 vans was a bit OTT, but there must be several hundred here.

The authorities have banned MHs from the road behind the flats but it appears they have made more space available behind the dunes.

Got to find out where the latest cassette dump is.

Still in Cullera, found a spot which is not sardine-like by the river.

My estimation of 1000 vans was a bit OTT, but there must be several hundred here.

The authorities have banned MHs from the road behind the flats but it appears they have made more space available behind the dunes.

Got to find out where the latest cassette dump is.

You take care there, if your were i think you are there was lots of rats there when we use to fish there. Up where the boats are you might to be able to empty the cassette unless they have locked it up.

when we were there last week Ken there were so many cats around they must have fed on the rats there were dozens of them all along the track , there was a manhole on the first rd in by the river in the middle of the track

when we were there last week Ken there were so many cats around they must have fed on the rats there were dozens of them all along the track , there was a manhole on the first rd in by the river in the middle of the track

Would that not ensure your cassette contents went into the river?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back