Summer has arrived.

Topmast

Well summer has finally arrived with temperatures of 38 degrees today in central Portugal ,to hot to work in the garden so very glad I have a huge garage to retire to.At least the melons are looking good ,but the cucumbers are getting frazzled. Three hours a day watering is not fun in these temperatures.

Well summer has finally arrived with temperatures of 38 degrees today in central Portugal ,to hot to work in the garden so very glad I have a huge garage to retire to.At least the melons are looking good ,but the cucumbers are getting frazzled. Three hours a day watering is not fun in these temperatures.

Topmast, I have searched the depths of my soul but have failed to find any sympathy for you having to water your garden in glorious Portuguese sunshine. I can only apologise

Enjoy your melons (y)

Sitting in the sun in Norfolk today, secure in the knowledge that our cucumbers and courgettes in Suffolk will easily stand this heat and have been well watered previously!
Smug filter on the other way today! Neighbours in central Portugal are watering their crops heavily and sitting in the shade...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back