Suggestions for a gathering

Admin

Administrator
Can anyone suggest a location for a gathering on the first weekend in Feb?

These attributes would be nice:

Hardstanding / all weather
Can have a fire pit
Near a pub / food
Nice view (lake / sea / canal)

Nells

There's Owd Nells between Preston and Garstang which has huge car parks...is on canal but has it's own lodges etc....might entertain a gathering during a quiet period.....Maja

Pleasurelands car park, Southport. Walking distance to the town centre, lots of pubs, shops, supermarket, and the seaside.
£8/n, low amps ehu an extra £3.

Allen

Can't remember the name, but what about the pub on the canal that Ed set up, was it last year?

I've no idea sorry, it's been a while since we've been.

I do hope it's the same people.

We've had mini meets there before, but there's loads of room for a bigger one, as you know.

Might be worth Phil giving them a ring.

I do hope it's the same people.

We've had mini meets there before, but there's loads of room for a bigger one, as you know.

Might be worth Phil giving them a ring.

We went to Charlies birthday there a while ago, and have been a couple of other times IIRC.

What about we rent a field and put a boxing ring right in the middle

Can't remember the name, but what about the pub on the canal that Ed set up, was it last year?

The Crooke Hall Inn, you always welcome on the car park there. Fine ales and good pub grub.

No charge but nice if you frequent the pub.

Very dog friendly

Sun Trevor Llangollen we spent New Year's Eve there excellent food and dog friendly 30 mins walk into Llangollen along the canal aprox 2 mile also on bus route. Landlord is called paul

As per recent thread, the Clothiers Arms at Stocksmoor are keen to host a WC gathering. They have two large hardstanding carparks. Cosy pub with real fires and an Indian restaurant within. It's within the Last of The Summer Wine territory with Holmfirth just a short walk away. It's in an AONB. Train station 1 minute walk, bus stop 30 seconds walk. The car parks could easily accommodate 40 or 50 motorhomes but they suggested 20 to 25 for the first time to see how they all fit.

There's Owd Nells between Preston and Garstang which has huge car parks...is on canal but has it's own lodges etc....might entertain a gathering during a quiet period.....Maja

They said no

They said no

....was a bit of a long-shot....some of the above look good though...but we'll miss out anyway coz not back from Spain till March. I just wondered what Neill's would say. Maja

The Red Lion at Goostrey, Cheshire... POI, MH.friendly. Close to the M6 .Landlord is a gent.

As per recent thread, the Clothiers Arms at Stocksmoor are keen to host a WC gathering. They have two large hardstanding carparks. Cosy pub with real fires and an Indian restaurant within. It's within the Last of The Summer Wine territory with Holmfirth just a short walk away. It's in an AONB. Train station 1 minute walk, bus stop 30 seconds walk. The car parks could easily accommodate 40 or 50 motorhomes but they suggested 20 to 25 for the first time to see how they all fit.

I am just trying to sort some free time out for the beginning of March Then I will look at this venue . Did you take a contact Number ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back