suckling pig

Wanderlust

In Spain at the moment and have seen suckling pigs for sale in a local consum, I was thinking of knocking up a rotisserie for my firepit and having it for Christmas day, does anyone have any ideas

In Spain at the moment and have seen suckling pigs for sale in a local consum, I was thinking of knocking up a rotisserie for my firepit and having it for Christmas day, does anyone have any ideas

oooh poor little baby pig being torn from its mother....oooooo.

No, but it sounds yummy 😊

I imagine it would be a lot of hard work preparing a little piggy for roasting and as Ruth pointed out you hardly like to move all day so I think it's safe for now. :rabbit:

you probably won't move for a week with that much pork to eat!

So I'm guessing your not Muslim or Jewish, and furthermore had you seen the film Babe you just would'nt be able to do it

If you are near Segovia, there is a fabulous little restaurant just through the aqueduct that does these little piggies to perfection, believe me, it's much easier than doing it for oneself and guaranteed to be done to perfection. Mind you when I did ours some 20 years ago, I just threw it on to the fire and we kept on cutting bits off as they were done

Mr Brown, keeping it real :lol-053:

My head's firmly stuck in the sand... eat meat but so couldn't handle the pre-supermarket/butcher stage :eek:

I don't think you are alone, a lot of people only see the offering wrapped in clingfilm on a polystyrene tray on a supermarket shelf.

Unless a big party a suckling swine is a waste of effort ...a lot will go to waste. Pork has a short shelf life possibly the reason truth be known the quaran and bible tell us not to eat it.

I love pork tbh. and if it were me and a suckling pig , I would butcher for a meal the rest preserve in Vinegar with heads of garlic thrown in .

I would love to claim kudos for this but cant , but it is where Vindaloo comes from ..its true origin.

The Portuguese transported meat exactly the way I describe......upon arrival in India cooked with chilli and spice.. Not a hot dish as we are lead to believe. But an absolute delicious combination of flavours the vinegar and garlic really cutting through.

For someone on their travels a lot of messing about, so I have reservations re practicality unless cooking is your thing.

Channa

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back