Stuck on solar panel removal

Gee

Free Member
Had a quick search but couldn't find any suggestions.

I'm having to remove my 2 solar panels which are on angle alloy which have been very successfully stuck on to the roof for 6 years with stixall (similar to sikaflex).

Has anyone found the easiest way to remove them from the roof. A mate suggested a cheese wire but this obviously needs to be held and pulled from both sides which is not possible.

I'd be interested to hear your experiences and tips.

Had a quick search but couldn't find any suggestions.

I'm having to remove my 2 solar panels which are on angle alloy which have been very successfully stuck on to the roof for 6 years with stixall (similar to sikaflex).

Has anyone found the easiest way to remove them from the roof. A mate suggested a cheese wire but this obviously needs to be held and pulled from both sides which is not possible.

I'd be interested to hear your experiences and tips.

Cheese wire would be the normal way.

Or would it be possible to leave the angle alloy in situ ?

:juggle::juggle::juggle:

How about a pad saw, the blades are long and flexible. Protect the around the angle with some hard plastic so you don't mark the roof.

did take one of same fitterd with angle alloy. use a Stanley blade or same knife and it does mark the roof , but a bit of paint and done
:scared:

Remove the panels from the angle first.

Then you will have access from both sides.

Can i ask why you need to remove your solar panels, and as somebody already said is there a problem leaving the alloy on, I'm in falkirk, and have cheese wire, that I take windscreens out, would gladly do it or loan you, don't see a problem using it between sealer and alloy brackets, if I can assist let me know, but as a free member I can't message you privately

A steel guitar string is the best way or some wire from a mig welder.
A scraper on a multi tool is another way but if your not careful you'll take the paint off too.

I have had no problems using my multi tool on wooood:)

Phill

Use a long thin stanly knife, the type that has snap off long blade .carefully cut the adhesive in small bites ,or cheese wire .please post results after removal to advise other members.

Cheers for all the suggestions. I'll let you know which way was easiest when I get it done.

Came off very easily with.......a length of windscreen removal wire from a mate who does windscreens. 2 panels off in 10 mins. Thanks again for all the advice.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back