stuck in Portugal/Spain ? too many oranges , too much time ?

Bad boy! :mad:

;)

Get out.jpg

Nowt wrong with a concrete sofa that a few extra-big, fat, plump cushions couldn't sort out ;) (y)
No concrete sofa yet, have seen them but mainly outdoors. We have an old futon clik clak sofa we brought out....unfortunately not able to use as double bed any more since the wood gave way! Concrete kitchen is very practical here, one day I might have cupboard doors but that's when the gingham gives out....bought a 2 pack of curtains for £5 in Kent and chopped them up, they get very dusty though. Bit basic kitchen ( or simple, if being generous!) but we do tend to use so many gadgets in UK whereas here we started from nothing so everything bought was thought about rather than accumulated. Brought coffee machine with us this year, as treat for Dave who does like his coffee. Loose tea for me as the water is so pure, tea tastes totally different.

have you got electric ? we ran a house on an old diesel citroen bx made a really quiet and economical 12v genny for a couple of years . i always really enjoyed the hillbilly life !

wow ruth these are great........have you done it all yourselves....building in progress look interesting......must be a job keep dust etc from rooms you are using..........brilliant
Most was done in first couple of years, first picture is now the kitchen/diner and third is mezzanine level living room with bedroom behind. You can see the living room and bedroom space before conversion, in first picture. We did it completely ourselves. Still a work in progress after 14 years...the adega needs to be made into a room, and the water tank has to be connected to homemade solar panel ( left the original one out for a summer and the perspex melted! Glass bought now since we know it will be hot enough!) With all the land, it gives us a free choice of jobs to mess around with.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back