Stratford upon avon

Wanderlust

Parked in the leisure centre carpark and a 14 plate motorhome decided to leave 2 soiled nappies in the bay it was parked just metres away from the bin. I really cant get over people like this the lazy bas***ds. I suppose i will pick it up

Absolutely Disgusting Behaviour, Shame On Them & Fair Play To you.
Did you get a Picture !.
We should have a ‘Sham’ Board for such pictures!.
But I know that you’re Phone is often never quite Knick enough to capture the deed is it.

Grrrrr

I think there are camera's in that car park Paul controlled by the leisure centre.

Unspeakably annoying! The trouble is that it looks bad on all of us! If you do decide to pick them up Paul, we will all be grateful, because that is exactly the reason that councils are closing their doors to motorhomes in general, and it's important that we demonstrate responsibility and good social behaviour.
Power to your elbow Paul!
Hope you're both well, Rog and Chris.

It does make you wonder, do they leave dirty nappies around their home. They obviously havn't a thought for anyone except themselves. :mad1:

They are gypo's 6 vans in total and a 17 plate convertible merc all sporting mud on their vans several guys wearing xxxxxl tops beeping their horns and wearing wellies that means they wont be using their toilet facilities and more rubbish to come. I now can see various items discarded including the water tanks. I cant drive off I've had a few glasses of wine could be custer's last stance. I will keep you updated

They are gypo's 6 vans in total and a 17 plate convertible merc all sporting mud on their vans several guys wearing xxxxxl tops beeping their horns and wearing wellies that means they wont be using their toilet facilities and more rubbish to come. I now can see various items discarded including the water tanks. I cant drive off I've had a few glasses of wine could be custer's last stance. I will keep you updated

Try & Discreatly take a few pictures while you have got the light & Post may come in useful later !

I have got some pictures from the comfort of my van but can't seem to upload them. Didnt want to upset them because my head is better placed on my shoulders than elsewhere

Yes Absolutely,
Certainly don’t Confront or Draw Unnecessary attention to yourself in any way, Shame You’ve had a Drink really as it might have been a good idea to move for an easier nights sleep !.

It you're staying another night there is another spot very close by that you may be able to use. Walk out of the car park towards the town, before the lights there is an entrance to a marina type place called club moativation, it's a small car park at the back that I believe allows overnight parking but it does get very full. I tried there once myself but there were a lot of overhanging free branches which may have been cut back now but it's worth a look.

I don’t know if it’s still there, Changed or got Hight barrier fitted now, But literally a few hundred yards from where I ‘think’ you are is a place I have used on a cpl of occasions in the past.
It’s a small ‘Spur’ off of a car park area by Bancroft Cruisers Boats !, Should be good for a night

Last edited by a moderator:
They have not long left the carpark i picked up 4 soiled nappies a bag containing a human turd and a rag they wiped their arse with a hair clasp, crisp packets, various socks and an empty bag which once contained a royal luxury awning carpet priced at £29.99 . time for another vino blanco. Oh and by the way another motorhome noticed it and thanked me and said they had thought about putting it in the bin
Thumbs up for our community

We have used this car park on several occasions. It is great for a night out on the town. The last time we passed through there were 'travellers' set up in the middle of the carpark spread out over many spaces. I couldn't comment if they bought a pay and display ticket or not but it put us off from staying.

It is a shame when there are councils that are prepared to allow Motorhomes to overnight and then people behave like this.

On a different thread, we have had several cash points 'blown up' locally. The police arrested 3 gentlemen from the travelling community and they have been sentenced to 10 and 12 years. Their mode of operation was to drill holes in the front of the cash machine and fill it with gas and use a battery to detonate the gas.

Apparently 1.5 million cash is missing. Police have said that they will move to seize assets if the cash cannot be found.

Good luck with that then, what is the going rate for a secondhand Hobby ?

These people or travelling community what ever we call them are in motorhomes which is news to me . my gripe is there is no difference between us and them except our values and preserve our want to wanderlust

I don’t do Cities or BIG towns very often or well, So not used THAT PARTICULAR car park to stay over night, as when I first went in there as a ‘Possible’ stopover my Zombie Senses started to tingle...Maybe I just spilt my Cider or something but it didn’t feel right on the particular Friday evening I went in, So Moved to a place Not that far away & chose to stay there instead.
I have to say, BRILLIANT & a Massive Thumbs Up to The Council for allowing such extended Stayes at realistic prices for Lorries,Coaches, Vans & Motorhomes alike, & it’s a shame that some abuse this Privilege by their behaviour, But isn’t that always the way of things !.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a warden that comes round in a small van there. It might be worth recounting your story to him. He may allow you some extra parking as a reward for being so public spirited.
Worth a try I reckon. R

All quite now just 2 campervans here off tomorrow to do a couple of days training as site wardens then off to hereford

We've used that car park and really like it as Stratford is great. You've done a great job by picking crap up hoping to keep it open for all of us.

I have a bottle of vino I want to give you. My random act of thanks for this week :) Are you at the Hereford meet?

These people or travelling community what ever we call them are in motorhomes which is news to me . my gripe is there is no difference between us and them except our values and preserve our want to wanderlust

The younger ones can't tow caravans on their licence so are turning to MH's

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back