Stratford Upon Avon Consultation

Fazerloz

Talk about been seen as a cash cow. Have your say..

Leisure Centre Coach and Lorry Park, Stratford-upon-Avon

The Council is considering increasing the overnight charge for motorhomes at the Leisure Centre Coach and Lorry Park from £2 to £20, limiting the maximum stay at the car park to 24 hours with no return within 72 hours. The Council has taken into consideration the local rates offered to motorhomes for overnight parking. For example, the current tariff for a non-electric pitch at Stratford Racecourse (a 20-30 minute walk from Stratford Town Centre) is £17 per night.

Unfortunately on an iPad it won’t progress beyond the first question how often do you use the car park?

Davy

I've filled out the survey, mentioning that we visit for 2 nights and spend a £$%^-tonne of money in the pubs/restaurants.

Hope I'm not pi55ing in the wind lol.
I would be pi55ing somewhere after that :ROFLMAO:

We stay fairly regularly for a few days as it isn't far to travel and we love Stratford, I spend a small fortune at Lakeland though so if they put the price up I will save a bit

So they think a piss stinking carpark in amongst lorries should cost more than a campsite🤔

Mike Screenshot_20210217-110949_Chrome.jpg

Talk about been seen as a cash cow. Have your say..
Just as I've always said when councils start providing overnite stops for motorhomes they can call them what they want but they'll have campsite prices. Cornwall council say's it doesn't allow overnite stops in any of their carparks because it would be unfair to licenced tax paying campsites

Just as I've always said when councils start providing overnite stops for motorhomes they can call them what they want but they'll have campsite prices. Cornwall council say's it doesn't allow overnite stops in any of their carparks because it would be unfair to licenced tax paying campsites
I fully agree and am just waiting for the National Trust and the Forestry Commission to realise they may have a cash cow in the little car parks we've all been using for years. After all they will both have been inundated with letters and emails suggesting it would be a good idea.

i assume they will charge lorries the same, but i bet they won t ,one rule for 1 and another for everyone else. also when our traveller friends are there they dont pay anything.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back