Also bring ...

Options hot chocolate
Bovril
Lots of herbs and spices, incl. celery salt, coriander, cumin
Thai green curry paste
Coconut milk tins
Hermestas as j doesn't like canderel
Berts bees lippy - I get anxious if I haven't one in my pocket
Cuppa soup - lots, even though I make fresh soup for most lunches good for emergencies
Milton sterilising fluid for grey waste cleansing
Any vitamins and nutrients you regularly take. Although you shouldn't need them with all the fresh food you'll be eating.

Take a fishing rod in case you are near to the sea.
2016-08-22 12.59.00.jpg
2016-08-22 13.34.35.jpg

Last edited:
Having a diabetic on board, we always carry a tin of baked beans, a can of corned beef and a pack of oatcakes.
Just in case we need to rustle up food in a hurry.
I've just unloaded 320 Yorkshire tea bags from under the oven. We now have a stock of over 500 in the house . Only I drink it,normally, but we have guests and they can be given to expats, in return for small favours.
Yes to Marmite,Rahjah curry powders, mustard powder, fine cornflour and the small tetra packs of tomato passata.
On our return trip, next May, we stock up with Portuguese cheese, presunto ham, Churacao sausage, top quality tinned tuna,mackerel,sardines... and local honey .
Lidl do a dry mix wholemeal bread pack.. Just add water and a little oil.. As a standby if we can't pick up fresh bread, en route.
Portugal and Spain produce pigs cheeks from the ,acorn fed, black pigs... A true delicacy, slowly braised.with whole shallots, diced squash and broad beans and a Jeropiga wine sauce.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back