Stopping everthing falling out the cuboards

Lambert

Hi,
Was wondering if any of you have come up with any ingenious ideas to stop tins, deodorants, cups etc rolling around in the cupboards when your driving and then falling out when you open the doors.
If you have what did you do ?
Many thanks in advance

They sell sheets of non stick mats in poundland, they are the ones you put on the dashboard (much more expensive in Halfords) thats what I use.

Small plastic baskets in the cupboards for bottles and tins and that plastic stuff you use on the dashboard for cups and things.

a bit of plastic angle screwed to the edge of the shelf . take mine across the sahara and it works . maroc2003-4 096.jpg
look for local double glazing places etc its cheap.

Have all cupboards and shelves lined with anti slip mats and I also use 50mm thick foam sheets from Dunelm Mill.
Use what ever I want storing as a template and cut holes in the foam to suit. I do this will my glasses, tins of food, plastic containers, pans, first aid kit, etc, etc. You name it and I have it stored in foam. As an example one small cupboard has jars of beetroot, pickled onions and red cabbage stored in foam, to date non have moved or fallen out of the cupboard thank god !
Compared to when I first got the motorhome it's as quiet as a mouse when on the move and nothing falls out the cupboards.

IMG_0407.jpgIMG_0405.jpg

Get out your crocheting needles and crochet some cargo nets. These work a treat no more surprises when opening cupboards. :cheers:

Anything heavy or metal (like canned goods) are kept at low level ..... (learned the hard way :().

Spare hand and tea towels stop a lot of rattling in our cupboards. Heavy stuff In a box under the seats.

things rolling round in the cubord

Hi,
Was wondering if any of you have come up with any ingenious ideas to stop tins, deodorants, cups etc rolling around in the cupboards when your driving and then falling out when you open the doors.
If you have what did you do ?
Many thanks in advance
its easy fill the cupboard try it miduck

Get a square block of styrafoam ,heat old tins and push through to make holes,now put block in cupboards to hold food tins.

Keep your cups/mugs in a clean pair of socks 2 in each sock.

a They don't chip

b They don't rattle

c In an emergency you have a clean pair of socks

Get a square block of styrafoam ,heat old tins and push through to make holes,now put block in cupboards to hold food tins.

You mean you buy tins to put your food in? We use plastic boxes for ours.

A couple of ideas I've seen put to good use are:

1. Net curtain springs held with hook and eyes - easy to remove and will stretch.

2. Those thin flexible plastic 'chopping board/worktop protector things' with a hand sized hole cut in and then used as an up and over garage door type retainer. A bit hard to explain, but it works.

Personally, I used to use towels, tea towels and T-shirts to muffle sound and protect breakables.

I also had cup, plate and bottle holders in place where possible.

I kept tins in plastic bins under the seats.

Clothes, bedding and lightweight items go high and heavy items go low (under the seats in my case).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back