Stolen motorhome

As always ....you'll NEVER stop them ...

BUT you can make it harder work and more risky for them ...
Hopefully persuading them to head for the next one along .

DISKLOK
Pedal lock
Fuel cut off
Electrical cut off
Cheap tracker easily found
Decent tracker more hidden
Wheel lock
Etc etc

OBD port relocate/armour Especially if it's a ford

Folks who say the police wont attend are doing it wrong, phone police and say you are going to shoot them, within 5 mins there will be a swat team on you drive, after they have arested the twats they will ask you where is the gun, this you reply who said anything about a gun, then produce some barley and the outer shell of a biro pen, problem solved, takes a daft paddy dont it. 😂
Ps a catapult will work too.

Folks who say the police wont attend are doing it wrong, phone police and say you are going to shoot them, within 5 mins there will be a swat team on you drive, after they have arested the twats they will ask you where is the gun, this you reply who said anything about a gun, then produce some barley and the outer shell of a biro pen, problem solved, takes a daft paddy dont it. 😂
Ps a catapult will work too.

Getting an armed response team within 5 minutes just ain't gonna happen Trev, they would have to come from Bedford for a start which is 11 miles away by which time the crims would be long gone.

Getting an armed response team within 5 minutes just ain't gonna happen Trev, they would have to come from Bedford for a start which is 11 miles away by which time the crims would be long gone.
Ok then its the kitchen knife in there neck 😂
I know a chap had lads in a bmw try to nick his car at the farm, a few blasts through the back window set it on fire, the lads ferked of fast and chaps scappy mate retrived and crushed the car, problem solved.

Ok then its the kitchen knife in there neck 😂
I know a chap had lads in a bmw try to nick his car at the farm, a few blasts through the back window set it on fire, the lads ferked of fast and chaps scappy mate retrived and crushed the car, problem solved.

Kitchen knife ain't no good when there's 4 of them with baseball bats Trev!

My Granddaughters other Granddad was woken by the sound of Gypsies stealing his ride on mower. He went out and shot one of them with a 410 shotgun thus blowing his balls off. He didn't get charged for shooting him but the Gypsies tend not to forget that sort of thing so one day there could be a price to pay!

His house is like Fort Knox now and I think it needs to be!

Kitchen knife ain't no good when there's 4 of them with baseball bats Trev!

My Granddaughters other Granddad was woken by the sound of Gypsies stealing his ride on mower. He went out and shot one of them with a 410 shotgun thus blowing his balls off. He didn't get charged for shooting him but the Gypsies tend not to forget that sort of thing so one day there could be a price to pay!

His house is like Fort Knox now and I think it needs to be!
Always say they attacked you, never shot if they are running away,not self defence, balls was a good target, well done that man. (y)

De

Dealer price about £40k - $45k depending where you go. Insurance offer about £30k.

Read up on caravan security 'cos the travellers are still partial to them, although MH's are becoming more attractive these days.

I feel sorry for you mate, it's a bummer having a vehicle nicked. I've had a car, a van and a motorbike nicked and it gut wrenching. Taught me a lesson when I got into MHing, that's for sure.
Had our Burstner stolen a few years back. All packed up, loaded up and full tank ready to go to the Spa GP.
Fortunately I'd just taken a pension lump sum so had a couple of days to quickly buy a replacement and had the time to argue with the insurance company.
At first they said that it was customary to give me around 15% less than I'd paid for it 18months previously. I argued that it had increased in value and they should give me market value, they refused and said they couldn't possibly give me more than I paid for it and if I wasn't happy I could complain to their complaints dept. I did this and the girl came back and said I WAS due market valve and they upped their offer 6K! Glad I wasn't in a hurry to settle 😳
A tip when listing the contents for the ins co.
I listed many items at the price I paid for them second hand off eBay like £5 each for my gas bottles. I'd have been better off not showing a receipt and simply claiming at the NEW replacement cost. Again they initially stayed that they would only pay out IF I could show a receipt but that wasn't strictly true, they had to reimburse me for any items that you'd reasonably need for holidaying.
They initially wouldn't pay for the TVs, they claimed they were 'removable electronic items' and wouldn't pay for the tool kit that I carry because they tried to exercise a 'no tools of the trade' caveat, w⚓s.
Anyway, moral is push hard for every penny and don't let them rush you into settling. Saved me thousands literally.

Unfortunately Rob that is true.
I also know someone who was having a catalytic converter removed whilst parked on their drive by three guys wearing balaclavas.
One under the jacked up car with an angle grinder the other two wielding baseball bats, same thing, go back indoors or else.
Tell the police they are threatening to attack you with a weapon…that might gee them up a bit.

Another cheap (under £5)little trick is to use a pull out pin alarm.
Put alarm under van with one end on a brick or a nail in the ground other end on to MoHo.

Another cheap (under £5)little trick is to use a pull out pin alarm.
Put alarm under van with one end on a brick or a nail in the ground other end on to MoHo.

Maybe I'm missing something. Wouldn't this alarm sound only as they were actually driving away with the MH?

Maybe I'm missing something. Wouldn't this alarm sound only as they were actually driving away with the MH?

True, but if you attach the pin to the brick and the alarm to the MoHo they will be driving with the alarm sounding on the vehicle.

You'd be able to phone 999 somewhat earlier. If my case the MoHo has to be moved forward and back a couple of times before it is on the road, so the Police would be notified before the vehicle was off my property.

The alarm is around £5, up to you if it suits your needs.

True, but if you attach the pin to the brick and the alarm to the MoHo they will be driving with the alarm sounding on the vehicle.

You'd be able to phone 999 somewhat earlier. If my case the MoHo has to be moved forward and back a couple of times before it is on the road, so the Police would be notified before the vehicle was off my property.

The alarm is around £5, up to you if it suits your needs.
Yes but they may not come to the next day if lucky, hence i said say you are going to shoot them.

Yes but they may not come to the next day if lucky, hence i said say you are going to shoot them.

For me it is worth £5, I accept that for you it isn't.

Saying the villains are still there should get a grade 1 response, Saying you are going to shoot people can cause a delay until an ARV can get there.

Your van; your £5; your call.

Saying the villains are still there should get a grade 1 response, Saying you are going to shoot people can cause a delay until an ARV can get there.

Cops sometimes dont turn up to the next day, then just file a report for you ins co, they have not the staff or time.

Cops sometimes dont turn up to the next day, then just file a report for you ins co, they have not the staff or time.
Good few years back, had garage broken into and some fishing tackle stolen, phoned police (not 999) gave me a crime number, which after consideration I thought was fair enough, clearly, even then they were stretched. Gave that number to insurance and they settled in full.
In the great scheme of things a minor crime and being honest I can understand why an attendance was not required.

The cat got nicked off our Citroen Relay after I'd paid for it but before I'd picked it up for the self build, not much I could do, Cheshire van sales.
I got recovered to a local garage
I got a used one for £150, looked almost new, fitted for £20

I wouldn’t put too much faith in a tracker.
Unfortunately, on my new van the insurance company insist on one which will cost £100 per year.
Few years ago a guy had his van nicked, it was tracked heading east on the Southend arterial road but he later learnt that the police had lost interest when the van was located at a traveller site!!

Good few years back, had garage broken into and some fishing tackle stolen, phoned police (not 999) gave me a crime number, which after consideration I thought was fair enough, clearly, even then they were stretched. Gave that number to insurance and they settled in full.
In the great scheme of things a minor crime and being honest I can understand why an attendance was not required.
You????

😇:whistle:😇:whistle:

I agree, for a fiver it's an easy way of attacking attention but because the alarm doesn't sound until they're actually driving off they'll definitely make off with it. Just wondering if there's a better way of implementing it.
Maybe internally with the pin on a string fastened to the doos, then the alarm would sound when they broke in and would probably get the thieves to do a runner. Just set the device up between the 2 front doors so that the pin gets pulled if EITHER door is opened and leave by the hab door.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back