Still pencilled in.

WellWornTraveller

Free Member
I have still got my trip to Spain/Portugal pencilled in starting the end of August. I and possibly a few others, would appreciate it if any "Wildcampers" that are on the continent at the moment or going soon, could let us know if there is any ill feeling, problems or outright trouble after the brexit vote.

I would like to go and spend my money and a couple of months over there but if there is trouble I have a back-up plan for the west country.

Thank you in anticipation.

Bernie

:dance::confused::dog:

I have still got my trip to Spain/Portugal pencilled in starting the end of August. I and possibly a few others, would appreciate it if any "Wildcampers" that are on the continent at the moment or going soon, could let us know if there is any ill feeling, problems or outright trouble after the brexit vote.

I would like to go and spend my money and a couple of months over there but if there is trouble I have a back-up plan for the west country.

Bernie

I can't imagine that they would want to damage their tourist industry by alienating the British. At least I hope not!

I wouldn't be surprised if they are more endeared to us for having the guts to go for it, I expect many of them are also disillusioned with the EU.

But look what the Greeks are doing already, refusing to exchange pounds stirling and Scottish. Even their ATM would not accept British cards for some time.

Bernie

Wife has decided she does not want to chance it, so, it will be a month in the West Country and some fishing spots for me.

Bernie

the uk pound as for a few years been hard to find a bank to exchange in various eu countries . remember we are one of the few visitors that require exchange . other eu countries already have euros it means theres extra cost in the clearing bank system for them . .
in the main tourist areas it wasnt so bad . some shops actually took pounds and acted like banks and gave good rates for eu folk changing euros to pounds . and cut the main banks out .
also a few years ago mastercard was a problem . it took days for the retailer to be paid , but with a visa card it was only minutes . so many wouldnt look at master cards .

should really have planned ahead and bought them last year at 1.39 .
many folk did and still have some left.

Bernie

You are seriously going to stop travelling to europe because of the referendum ? Heard it all now

Wife has decided she does not want to chance it, so, it will be a month in the West Country and some fishing spots for me.

Bernie

Don't blame you mate.

When my Wife sees the aggressive post by Alcam on another thread, she will not want to go ahead with our Scottish trip.

You are seriously going to stop travelling to europe because of the referendum ? Heard it all now

Please, alcam don't encourage them, I for one could do with more wildcamping space in Spain!

Looking forward to going to Spain in two weeks ... Portsmouth - Bilbao - Portsmouth .. for two weeks.
We will be taking Euros with us for the duration. :) I have been taking Spanish lessons too for the past 5 weeks, so we will just blend in ... nobody will know :ninja:

Looking forward to going to Spain in two weeks ... Portsmouth - Bilbao - Portsmouth .. for two weeks.
We will be taking Euros with us for the duration. :) I have been taking Spanish lessons too for the past 5 weeks, so we will just blend in ... nobody will know :ninja:

You can hire my clipover Spanish Registration plates as well. Most Spaniards will be occupied in belting the crap out of their football team (verbally of course)rather than you, probably for the next 4 weeks at least, so you'll be OK.

I'd say you may have more to worry about from a section of the Brit. Expat mob though, if they get a whiff that you might have voted BRexit !

Last edited:
Only those not carrying the obligatory antigassing mask for France.:)

Last edited:
Like every other married man I have another half to think of. Whilst I have been in some of the roughest places in the world she is not so keen. I am not worried about getting money changed because other than a few quid to spend on the boat I do not take any money. It is just that the wife does not feel comfortable with it all at the moment so we are going to have a good time at the West Country meet in stead.

Bernie

Please, alcam don't encourage them, I for one could do with more wildcamping space in Spain!

Don't worry I have a file of over a thousand stops for Spain and Portugal given to me by a nice Norwegian fellow whilst we were in Spain In March/April. Other than by design we did not bump into very many U.K. campervans. In any case I would not want to think I was taking your spot. I would probably move on I usually do.

Bernie:dog::dog::dog:

I'm gone by the end of March, so you're very welcome to takeover my sites. I always leave them tidier than I find them!

Well I'm in France at the moment and have come across many other nationalities here too and no one has said one nasty word

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back