Sterling bb1260

slonger

Hi all I am about to purchase a 60a battery to battery charger for my motorhome, the distance between the starter battery and the leisure batteries is about 5 meters can someone please tell me what size cable to use. When I look on sterling product instructions pdf it says 16mm2 but then it says 25mm2 in German so I am a little confused, also looking at the bbw1260 model that states 25mm.
Thanks Steve

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0658/7343/files/BB1260_30_Ultra_Instructions_Eng_Ger.pdf?5600843396576371320

Hi I fitted one two years ago now the complete run from Mercedes battery under passenger foot well ( my b to b is under the seat) to leisure batteries in the garage of my rapido was ten meters, I as always go over the top when fitting or repairing anything, me thinks mini starter cable has to run from the battery at the back to the starter in the front and that carries a lot of amps to the starter on a cold morning, so I ordered ten meters and just to make sure I also ordered ten meters of earth cable the same size, my motto do a job once and forget it, because I used starter cable I also put in a bypass wire that with a turn on a battery isolator switch I can jumpstRt the engine from my batteries in the garage, cool eh, andy
Ps I think the cable is available on eBay on reels

thanks for the reply I have today received the charger I dont think I would be able to fit anymore then 16mm2 cable into the unit. I have spoke to sterling Technical who confirmed that 16mm2 would be ok so fingers crossed.

no worries hope it helps with your charging, I can't BELEIVE the difference on the rapido from really discharged batterys after not moving for five days in winter an hours drive and we are set to park up for five days again, any questions just ask, andy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back