Stay longer in EU with UK and OZ passports

Clunegapyears

Opinions welcome.

I'm a Greek resident. A friend will drive over in hermotorhome to stay for a few months and then would like to do a slow road trip back to UK, taking her over 90/180 in Schengen. Appreciate max for a UK vehicle in Europe is 6 months in 12.

She has both UK and Australian passports. From what we've read, both are visa free in Schengen for 90/180. Some non Schengen countries require Australians to have a visa. Feel having dual nationality ought to be made to work for her.

Would she be able to drive her UK motorhome from UK to Greece on her Australian passport, stay 2.5 months then fly back, thus obtaining her entry and exit stamps.

Then fly back to Greece on her UK passport, and drive slowly back through Bulgaria, Romania and through Schengen. New set of stamps.

Would this work? Thoughts please.
Katherine

Opinions welcome.

I'm a Greek resident. A friend will drive over in hermotorhome to stay for a few months and then would like to do a slow road trip back to UK, taking her over 90/180 in Schengen. Appreciate max for a UK vehicle in Europe is 6 months in 12.

She has both UK and Australian passports. From what we've read, both are visa free in Schengen for 90/180. Some non Schengen countries require Australians to have a visa. Feel having dual nationality ought to be made to work for her.

Would she be able to drive her UK motorhome from UK to Greece on her Australian passport, stay 2.5 months then fly back, thus obtaining her entry and exit stamps.

Then fly back to Greece on her UK passport, and drive slowly back through Bulgaria, Romania and through Schengen. New set of stamps.

Would this work? Thoughts please.
Katherine
That's an interesting one . Nationality of motorhome would , surely , make no difference
Suspect with 2 passports they'd probably get away with it .
Someone on here will probably be a lot more informed than me (wouldn't be hard)

I suspect it would work, the regulations say you must use the same passport exiting as you did when you entered, but I’d be slow to say yes.

I suspect it would work, the regulations say you must use the same passport exiting as you did when you entered, but I’d be slow to say yes.
As I understand it she would use UK one to enter and exit and then Aussie one to enter and exit in second trip. Interesting, sounds like it could work....unless the reg of vehicle is also noted? But even then....different passport.

Just a note a friend uses her British passport to come into the Uk as she knows it’s quicker and saves immigration stuff, then flies home on her American passport ;)

Interesting, so it’s not legal as a person has that 90 days in 180 but looks like as long as you use the one passport to enter and exit and then the other to enter and exit the system would see you as two people. Not recommended for using to live in a country long term.
The vehicle has completely different rules.

She's risk adverse and just discovered how expensive ferries to Greece and then Crete are! So may not be coming at all now. Sadly.

BUT interestingly it seems Aussies can stay in the EU longer than Brits. Australia and some EU members (such as D, B, Dk) have bilateral agreements where Australian nationals can stay 3 months (one county is 2 months) in addition to the Schengen 90/180!

Ossie passport anyone???

K

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back