Stay Home

Hmm. That's what I imagined in the back of my mind when this thing really kicked off.

Lots of shutdown premises, but no time to have disposed of goods/items stored?
Not everyone will have full security on premises? And if they do and the security systems alert police stations, how long before police can respond right now?

One half of the country in lockdown, the other half working their socks off.

Ergo: no one other than the police out and about and they can't be everywhere...?

Doesn't take hardened crims, or just new opportunists, very long to realise the situation and take a calculated risk.😕😒

With this in mind, it’s very annoying that the police should have their time wasted by people who fail to obey some simple instructions.

I was at work two days ago. Passed a little country park and noticed x5 cars, one van and a motorhome with both folk sat outside on chairs in the sun.Hope they were full timers. If not, well ill let you guys shout at them!

Yes Terry, it is expected to peak around Easter weekend I think. I have posted elsewhere about leave and days off being cancelled if necessary.
A friend of ours said that the recent peak comes after people ignored stay at home 3 weeks ago for mothers Day. Here's hoping we don't get another peak in 3weeks after today. Stay safe folks, and stay home.

Which part of "stay at home" does Boris Johnson not understand then, surly if its ok for him, its ok for the rest of them that's gone away for the weekend!

Which part of "stay at home" does Boris Johnson not understand then, surly if its ok for him, its ok for the rest of them that's gone away for the weekend!

I don’t think he’s exactly “gone away for the weekend”. Having very nearly died last week he is now in a good place to recuperate as quickly as possible to resume his very important role.

Chequers:-

"This house of peace and ancient memories was given to England as a thank-offering for her deliverance in the great war of 1914–1918 as a place of rest and recreation for her Prime Ministers for ever"

It's tradition. Considering he is recently discharged from hospital and still on recovery from covid-19, I don't think he's actually breaking any rules under the current constitution?

I would think he has still broken his policy of stay at home, when his address is London, there are thousands that " have very nearly died " why are they not allowed to travel to there second homes.

I would think he has still broken his policy of stay at home, when his address is London, there are thousands that " have very nearly died " why are they not allowed to travel to there second homes.

The majority of those thousands won't even have second homes, so not really an issue. I look at it that Downing Street is an office... Chequers is more of a home and the best place to convalesce. Once he's back on duty he'll hit the ground running again, so I don't begrudge him a trip home after being in intensive care.

As he was in hospital wherever he goes will be the equivalent of going to a second home Hospital > No10 or Hospital > Chequers or Hospital > Holiday home. My understanding is many more people work at or will be at No10 than would be at Chequers and upon leaving hospital rest should take priority over work regardless of the person.

As he was in hospital wherever he goes will be the equivalent of going to a second home Hospital > No10 or Hospital > Chequers or Hospital > Holiday home. My understanding is many more people work at or will be at No10 than would be at Chequers and upon leaving hospital rest should take priority over work regardless of the person.
Beat me to it. :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back