Stay Home

Yantyn

I really don't know which bit of STAY HOME some owners do not get. The morons who continue to park in New Brighton, Wallasey and West Kirby give us all a very bad name. The journeys these people are making to these spots are not essential. They should not be staying for long periods of time. This is an emergency situation. Stay at home. This does apply to you. The rest of us understand that this lock down means certain sacrifices and have parked the van until happier times return. Is it any wonder people complain?

My nephews wife is a medic and comes from the Philippines where they have now introduced a new measure where anyone breaking the lockdown will be shot!

This is possibly a bit extreme, but no doubt all the do gooders out there would soon start complaining if the police or armed forces were to round up all these idiots and start banging their bloody heads together in the way that they deserve.

😂
Philippines:- Disobey and you will be shot!
UK:- Disobey and you will get a note under your wiper blade! This MAY involve tutting and eye-rolling!

Yeah, still think I prefer the latter method WAY over the former! 😉

1586274413608.png

I really don't know which bit of STAY HOME some owners do not get. The morons who continue to park in New Brighton, Wallasey and West Kirby give us all a very bad name. The journeys these people are making to these spots are not essential. They should not be staying for long periods of time. This is an emergency situation. Stay at home. This does apply to you. The rest of us understand that this lock down means certain sacrifices and have parked the van until happier times return. Is it any wonder people complain?

You will see no support here for the type of behaviour that you describe.

Which vans are you referring to at New Brighton and Wallasy OP, I know there area few full timers there most year round.
Esp the big old converted "hippy" bus and the small boxer, plus a caravan (he actually has a job locally.

So yes day trippers etc, but remember some have no where else to go, just be careful we are not witch hunters here.

And pardon my forwardness, but what takes you round to the sea fronts of new brighton, then wallasey and then west kirkby in these days, refuse collector maybe ?

Last edited:
Last night on south today locals in several sea side areas were complaining about the recent influx of motorhomes just
parked along the streets and staying because the carparks have been closed.

We have also noticed a few along the Southbourne clifftops staying for several days at a time.

Dezi

Last night on south today locals in several sea side areas were complaining about the recent influx of motorhomes just
parked along the streets and staying because the carparks have been closed.

We have also noticed a few along the Southbourne clifftops staying for several days at a time.

Dezi

Well I better not comment as judge and jury then, or offer a means of resolving their bad behaviour. Anyway you can’t get black paint from B&Q they don’t sell paint anymore :)

Last edited:
I really hope stupid motorhomers are in the minority here, that's IF the ones referred to in this post are genuinely people with 'bricks & mortar' to return to.
And, as already said, we don't know that, do we?

As for always judging others, the global disaster hit so fast there was a time lag between those who 'got it' early on and those - again hopefully in the minority - who still don't 'get it'.

Vandalising vehicles with black paint is not a good way of addressing the issue, even if we all might want to do it to those who are slow on the uptake (or more towards those that are definitely out-and-out defiant!), but only in our heads!! ;)

Tasering is decided by the police because it's their job, not ours.

In the 'normal' world (which this isn't) some of the comments people are making would be interpreted as incitement to violence and criminal damage.

Really, really need to keep a lid on 'emotional panic' and leave it up to the police to resolve these issues, otherwise we're only a whisker away from vigilantism and the gradual breakdown of official law and order (sic).

Last edited:
My view...

I don’t go with the term or the notion of “lockdown”. We have been advised and requested to curtail our contact with people from outside of our own households in order to limit spread of a potentially lethal virus 🦠. Seems very reasonable to me and not a big deal in any way. If it saves lives, as it seems to, just get on with it.

Cheers

H

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back