Starter problems.

bigboack

Hi guys need some more advice, When i go to start the engine, i heat the plugs up until they go out, turn the key and nothing happens, not even a click, Turn the key again and she starts up no problem, more annoying than a problem but cant help feel its going to be expesive soon. Any comments guys please. This has been happening for quite a while now.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry its a 92 Talbot express 2.5td

Last edited:
Sounds like the Ignition switch to me. doesn't make contact first time to fire the starter motor but does on second try.or possibly key recognition if you have an immobiliser.

.......not even a click, Turn the key again and she starts up no problem, more annoying than a problem but cant help feel its going to be expesive soon. Sorry its a 92 Talbot express 2.5td
I had the same some years ago. Finnally discovered is was a faulty mass to the starter. Have all wires and connections in that area checked. Hope this solves the problem
Good luck

also have a good look at the starter for broken wires and lose nuts

Hi bigboack,
Are you any good with a test light if so one end to earth and the other to the small lead on starter motor and then get someone to turn the key to start if test light lights up and starter doesnt work then the stater is at fault BUT you should also check the main power feed to the starter and also the earth lead to the engine and the body from the battery.
Hope this helps a little.:rolleyes:( PLEASE KEEP YOUR HANDS AWAY FROM ANY MOVING PARTS ON FIRST PART OF TEST),,,,,,,

Had the same problem on my old talbot and was a faulty wire down from the switch to the starter.

It can be dirty starter contacts in the solenoid (if fitted)

Peter

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back