Stable 240V output from inverter for Satellite box

Never had a problem with the multi room box, just give it a try and I reckon it will work.

Our TV doesn't have HDMI. Pictures on eBay do not show any models with RF (co-ax) output but some have AV output, which is what we use from the Icecrypt - could work! Just have to target the right version as one had Scart instead. I guess all have a Sky card slot, though
When I am doing the re-assignment of the Sky card, do they have to be in the same room, or can the one in the house remain there while I take the card and a PC (with internet access) to the camper down the garden, with the sat dish up and on station?

Last edited:
Our TV doesn't have HDMI. Pictures on eBay do not show any models with RF (co-ax) output but some have AV output, which is what we use from the Icecrypt - could work! Just have to target the right version as one had Scart instead. I guess all have a Sky card slot, though
When I am doing the re-assignment of the Sky card, do they have to be in the same room, or can the one in the house remain there while I take the card and a PC (with internet access) to the camper down the garden, with the sat dish up and on station?

No, all I do is take card out of house box take it outside to my van and place it in the multi room box. Switch tv, sat and sky box on then once sat locked onto sat switch to a sports channel. I then just follow the onscreen info to pair the card using my phone or iPad to access the internet.

Why do people - even technically competent people - continue to call them Modified Sinewave inverters. Why would you be stupid enough to modify a perfect sinewave into a squared up abomination.
They are MODIFIED SQUARE WAVE INVERTERS.

Why do people - even technically competent people - continue to call them Modified Sinewave inverters. Why would you be stupid enough to modify a perfect sinewave into a squared up abomination.
They are MODIFIED SQUARE WAVE INVERTERS.

The correct term is in fact Quasi Sine Wave Inverters as they don't actually MODIFY anything, but CREATE a wave form that is a quasi - or relative - representation of a Sine Wave. (how good or close to an actual Sine Wave is another matter).

Why do people continue to call them Modified Sine Wave Inverters? Because by using that term, it provides a term of reference and differentiation between those type of Inverters and the Pure Sine Wave Inverters. I prefer the term Quasi Sine Wave Inverters personally but if I used that term I would often get a blank look back. And then if I said "you know, the Modified Sine Wave ones ...", the response would be "oh yes. Why didn't you say so?" (as Modified Sine Wave has become a term of use and has a certain meaning, like it or not).

It is the same sort of reason why Electric Lamps are erroneously called "Bulbs", and Heavy Oil ICE engines are called "Diesel" Engines to differeniate them from other ICE engines. If we call Oil Burning ICE Engines "Diesel", why don't we call Petrol Burning Engines "Otto"? That would make as much sense from a semantics POV , but if you went into a Car Dealer and said "I'm looking for a car with an Otto Engine", how many salesmen would understand?

Last edited:
It looks difficult to get an inverter, especially a pure sine wave inverter, of less than 300W! I don't want to get an over-powerful inverter as it's likely to draw a higher no-load current than a smaller one - conservation of battery! Brands and models of quality proven inverters would be appreciated!

I'm not sure that is a valid assessment.

It's the efficiency of the circuit design and quality of the components that will determine the zero-load current consumption.

The product specifications provided by known brand manufacturers should allow you to pinpoint the right product for your needs.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back