Speeding in Spain

Today I got a letter from 'Ministerio del Interior'. Basicaly I've been a naughty boy doing 101kph in a 90kph limit.
The offence was on the 08/03/2024 so it took a while for them to track me. 100€ fine reduced to 50€ if you pay within 20 days of recieving the letter.
The letter was sent on 10/04 so took 8 days to get here.

I'm not complaining, just letting you all know if you get caught Speeding in Spain you will get a fine.
apparently i have one, will check it out as its at my borthers address that i use, he said i was doing 68mph, never knew my MoHo could go that fast, think it took longer to get to me i have been back a month

At least the Spanish are efficient. Got a fine for 58 kph in a 50, hire car in Sicily last year. Date of offence 15 Jan, fine received 19 November. Postmarked from the Vatican so maybe a judgement from on high.

A guy I worked with about 10 years back went to Majorca for a stag weekend with his mates, on arrival Tommy was arrested & put in jail for the full weekend.
He had failed to pay a speeding fine from years back & totally forgot about it.
He was released prior to his flight home after paying the due fine, yep his mates had a great time too.

Back