Speed.

Mightyduk1

Just wondering how fast members drive.
As I’m never in a rush I tend to stick to a maximum of 60mph. Most of the time I’m slower than trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally stick to the speed limits. Fastest I've been in my van was 110mph.

I was once speed trapped at 173 mph, mind you it was at Snetterton on my ex Bandit Cup 139 bhp 1200 Suzuki Bandit
FCM run .jpg2.jpg

The van is happy and relatively (!!) quiet between 55 & 65 and economical too

Last edited:
I try and stick to about 65mph then I don't get mixed up with all the Trucks

On the motorways I try and go the same speed as the HGV's at around 55mph.Problem is when they try and overtake,they haven't got the power and you end up blocking lanes 1 and 2.Even though I start off with the best of intentions to try and stick to 55 eventually I get fed up with the lorry drivers doing this and usually end up doing around 60mph just to keep away from them.

Much the same

On the motorways I try and go the same speed as the HGV's at around 55mph.Problem is when they try and overtake,they haven't got the power and you end up blocking lanes 1 and 2.Even though I start off with the best of intentions to try and stick to 55 eventually I get fed up with the lorry drivers doing this and usually end up doing around 60mph just to keep away from them.

I have my TomTom set to warn me at 58mph !

I stick around 50,ooh a hill,45..40...35...30...

lol.
I had one like this, the hills in France were really bad, coaches were flying passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
On a motorway the slowest I will drive is to keep up with trucks, but I will often drive faster than this.

Tend to run on the rev counter at 2000r.p.m. which just shy of 60m.p.h.

Cheers

H

car or van I tend to do between 55 and 60 ......at 80 once you could see the fuel gauge dropping so behaved myself...I am a bit like Oppy that Maureen the moped likes to play at 8000 rpm upwards zzr1.jpg get me in trouble will this moped

Channa

Clear motorway 80 to 90, although occasionally 110+ to give the EGR a bit of a clean out. Obviously only in Germany. :D

55)60 but I am getting older now😡 but in my truck it’s normally driven to max permitted limit as other know your fighting the tacho card ,some car drivers don’t realise this and we have a cushy number just driving around ( NOT,)

Same as this !

2500 rpm which is 56mph giving 30mpg.

I think you get a "feel" for the best cruising speed...55 seems good compromise with mpg. As mentioned, tends to mean lorries passing through. Maja

Normally around 62 to keep out of the trucks path (unless it’s an Irish truck in which case he’s well gone).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back