Speed Cameras in France

• Thread starter Deleted member 2636
  • Start date

Deleted member 2636

http://english.controleradar.org/

lots of info on speed cameras in France. Looks a useful website

NB I will point out that most of the warnings seem to be for the 90kph and 110kph speeds. The ones that catch you out are the 30 and 20 kph things in some villages

Last edited by a moderator:
Thxs for posting this info.
Very useful site as we'll be heading to France very shortly :D

Don't underestimate the French

Frogs are inventive on these things.:rolleyes: Their new speed cameras are no longer birdcage size but very mini. Concealed in traffic signs, dustbins and even hollow treetrunks.:eek:
The last system works as follows: camera 1 spots your licence plate; camera 2 - 10 kms further on !- does the same, figures out the average speed and gets you when you exeed the speed on these 10 kms. :eek:
They don't -generally- have speed cameras in villages; instead they make bumps you can only cross at max 20km/h without bumping your head at the ceiling :(

usefull site i dont know if tomtom include them in there camera warnings ile see if any match up
lie certainly keep a a note if this site and copy the areas i am going to go to
as i have decided that the extra costs of autoroutes is not worth paying it used to work out about the same per mile as here (fuel plus tolls )to travel through france but now with the euro at a high price and the cost of fuel everywhere has increased autoroute usage has got to end it costs roughly £75 each way to travel from calais to la jonquera with a motorhome
only use them if cost dont matter

usefull site i dont know if tomtom include them in there camera warnings ile see if any match up
lie certainly keep a a note if this site and copy the areas i am going to go to
as i have decided that the extra costs of autoroutes is not worth paying it used to work out about the same per mile as here (fuel plus tolls )to travel through france but now with the euro at a high price and the cost of fuel everywhere has increased autoroute usage has got to end it costs roughly £75 each way to travel from calais to la jonquera with a motorhome
only use them if cost dont matter
You're so right about that Terry, these 'péages 'are really a ripp-off; also the prices in their petrolstations are at less 10% higher. I ever use the N's or D's; it is only a few hours you loose and for that 75£ you can have more than one nice diner :rolleyes:

nice to see you are back how was the area of france you visited ?
i looked at the site you visited it seemed friendly but only part of the web site is in english

That bit of road is very reasonable but some of the others aren't

sometimes it is usefull to use short sections to avoide bottlenecks and slow busy local roads
i assume you them went via dreux/blois /chateauroux towards the south then either clermond ferrand or limoges depending on your destination

nice to see you are back how was the area of france you visited ?
i looked at the site you visited it seemed friendly but only part of the web site is in english
Hi Terry,
We went (back) to Brittany for 1 1/2 month. Had a good time, love especially the Finistère. (I'll post my wilding-places shortly).
But at the way back home, near Amiens, the gear got stuck. Finally travel insurance got us back home by TGV. Van is in the garage for repairs since yesterday; only hope they can fix it before their holidays; or our Sweden-trip goes down the drain. :eek:

usual reply been there done that
but the info on routes we use should be usefull for some especialy the ones on there first trip over the water
cheers terry
oh by the way no showers here today
sun shined all day in dorset

idiots !!!

if you speed then you are an unsafe driver and deserve everything you get , in other words you are an idiot. probably you have more sense about money, and should realise that revs equals money and the faster you go the more you pay for fuel, disregarding the fines that you think are unjust ! speeders who read this will whinge and whine about fairness but in the end they know that they are in the wrong. i make no apologies if i have upset any idiots i could be more forceful, but in the end you cannot educate pork !!!! i have driven thousands of miles in all of europe and never been stopped for any transgressions. it will be interesting to see who replies to this justifying their actions !!!!

if you speed then you are an unsafe driver and deserve everything you get , in other words you are an idiot. probably you have more sense about money, and should realise that revs equals money and the faster you go the more you pay for fuel, disregarding the fines that you think are unjust ! speeders who read this will whinge and whine about fairness but in the end they know that they are in the wrong. i make no apologies if i have upset any idiots i could be more forceful, but in the end you cannot educate pork !!!! i have driven thousands of miles in all of europe and never been stopped for any transgressions. it will be interesting to see who replies to this justifying their actions !!!!

Interesting post,Stevey boy, and you know what, I agree with you:eek:;),although I must admit ,I'm no angel cos at times ,driving around town I sometimes lose a bit of concentration and exceed the 30mph limit by mistake but I put this down to intimidation from other road users in the convoy behind me:eek::D.
What amazes me are the rally drivers who come tear-arseing past you to queue up at the garage with the cheapest fuel and think they are saving dosh on the cost of motoring when ,if they were to slow down and drive more responsibly, then visits to the petrol stations would be less frequent:rolleyes::cool:

Just returned from a trip to Poland, came back through Germany & France, even though I live life in the slow lane I couldn't help but notice the number of speed cameras on the motorway exit slip roads, seems the police are trying to catch the drivers who don't slow down enough when leaving the main carriageway.

Phil

idiots !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cant see where this is an apropriate answer to items in this thread may be it is in the wrong section we have had a long thread on speed cameras and it might be the place to add it ,there more people might notice your comments

Just to add that 'speed camera detectors' which are legal in UK could cost you thousands in France if you have one mounted in your cab, even if its turned off.

I would like to say that i am not eejit but there are times that i have been a few MPH over the limit, and i dont believe that anyone has not done the same at some stage in there driving career.

speed cameras in france

i have no wish to offend member T&S but my post was replying the above thread, therefore it is in the correct"pigeonhole" i too have wandered over the speed limit (it is so easy to do) so constant speedo watching is the only answer, and that brings its own problems. is the bucket half full or half empty ?

no offence taken
some of us drive for a living and are held to some prety strict delivery time slots and this can cause one to have a night away from home without the correct gear and cash or the load being turned away causing untold costs not only to the employer but to us drivers having to deliver it the next time sometimes without pay
complain and there is always someone who will willingly do your job
this i think contributes towards some speeding drivers
whilst we try to stay within the law ,
when you do 300 miles plus every day and have so much to watch out for sometimes the speedo is not as important as the cyclist who decides to pull out in front of you ,ect

good on yer t&s..... in a former life i too was a long distance driver for a food firm and the timed deliveries for sainsburys delivery depots were the bain of my life.. now happily retired and living in the jolly old motor home ! just planning an october trip to the NW of caledonia and then winter in spain. its a hard life. sorry to go off post..did you ever get to the aberdeen truck stop ? i think it was called "the last drop" ace place!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back