Spare Wheel

cas

After searching for over 2 years I have now got a spare wheel for Bertha (my old Mrec 407). Now this leads to to another problem, where does it go? I did think of the recess on the roof, but dont know how it would stay up there. To big to go under the seats, to heavy to go on the door on the back box. anyone got any ideas please let me know.

Cass :)

bonnet [to spread the weight distribution forward]
roi

working on from Roi's idea, though all the Merc's I've had, have all had weak bonnets. However I have seen the spare wheel on a bracket in front of the radiator (some volky owners do it).

You say the back door is to week, you are correct, however it is possible to use the back door by building a frame which is attached to the hinges.

That's what i meant actuall but averywild etc [shortername needed Steve :D ]

have a look at his website for ideas.
by the way i like the new site Steve. You should be making the vans.
As the majority of the weight in a MH is in the rear and so much has been on the various sites and lists about weight recently, the more weight forward to relieve the rear axles, the better.
I plan to make a frame and hang a spare from the front. [If I can ever find a spare for mine]
The last thing any of us need is to be pulled in, weighed and told to remove stuff and I reckon I am well overweight [the van too :D ]
But that is part of wilding, you need to have it with you.
but I suggest that everyone has a look at AVWC's website-loads of veryinteresting stuff.
Roi

Ha, not a problem anymore have got to replace both wheels on oneside so no longer got a spare. And just my luck when the RAC finally sent somone for me the recovery truck broke down on the way home.

Thanks anyway

Cass :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back