Spare wheel cradle Peugeot Boxer and similar.

doesn't bother me at all - as I don't have a wheel hanging down collected all the road filth :D

Ref the hook hanger .... guess we will have to disagree. I had no problems at all with mine and there are plenty of potholes here it was tested on ;)
the nuts are also here to accomodate different wheels for example. thinner tyre, you could tighten the nuts to raise the carrier for example. But no point in discussing further as you will never agree and vice-versa.
So what's the point of the nuts then ?

IF there not there to tighten the assembly up against the underbody and prevent the hooks from being dislodged ...

Just because they never have in your own experience ...
Doesn't mean its not possible .

Why could the van makers just have the wheel on a slide out compartment at the side or rear, nice and clean, plus some tools could be kept in the wheel well.

Just because they never have in your own experience ...
Doesn't mean its not possible .
[/QUOTE]
I've had one come unhooked on a drove on the Somerset levels. All ways do the nuts up so it can't happen

This is a simple system, but would be difficult on a coach built van unless you could have the bolts in the hab door floor.

Fitted one 9 months ago, gave the spare wheel a coating with lanoguard removed the other week to check the tyre pressure and make sure nothing had seized up before my trip away the steel wheel as in good condition so lanoguard has worked in saving the rim from rusting.View attachment 121154
Hi, could you let me have the details of your spare wheel carrier please? Supplier etc?

The spare wheel on my Mk1 Santa Fe car is a similar drop down carrier, but with the car fitted with a tow bar that is lower than the rear bumper, the supplied jack doesn't lift the car high enough to be able to remove the wheel..... I now carry a suitable block of wood to be able to lift the car high enough.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back