Spare cassette

Composting loo with separator. We had a cassette toilet in our last van and it was OK until emptying time!!!! Never want to do that again.
A mate of mine decided to go to a composting toilet after his Thetford toilet broke as everyone that had one told him it was brilliant. Last week he sent me a pic of his van and he has taken the bathroom/toilet out altother. When I asked him why he said he couldn’t cope with the smell lol

He does work full time on a site in Devon from March to November so has access to toilet and showers there as his boss has given him a plot to stay on during lock down and for the rest of the season.

A mate of mine decided to go to a composting toilet after his Thetford toilet broke as everyone that had one told him it was brilliant. Last week he sent me a pic of his van and he has taken the bathroom/toilet out altother. When I asked him why he said he couldn’t cope with the smell lol

He does work full time on a site in Devon from March to November so has access to toilet and showers there as his boss has given him a plot to stay on during lock down and for the rest of the season.
I wonder why everyone else was saying it was brilliant and his wasn't:unsure: Maybe his set up wasn't right.

The thought of driving around with any cassette full of £$%^ never mind a spare one which is why I am in the I £$%^ in a bag group I just cannot bring myself to empty a cassette full of regurgitated shite. 🤢
Is that why your fire pit has unique fragrance.

I have worked in NHS fourty years 25 of those as a nurse so pish/shite have no effect on me. That is until I got a MH and saw old German dodderers emptying their swill out.
For us its SAS style in a bag and a container if you want to prolong emptying time

I have worked in NHS fourty years 25 of those as a nurse so pish/shite have no effect on me. That is until I got a MH and saw old German dodderers emptying their swill out.
For us its SAS style in a bag and a container if you want to prolong emptying time
Hmmm. Brownhand?

I used to have a Frankia motorhome, they have a locker with a spare cassette as standard. It would be a good idea if some other manufacturer's at least had it as an option especially some of the larger Van's where there is adequate space.

We have a barrel we empty in to..also when in Spain/Portugal/uk for long periods of wild camping I pee in to empty 6 ltr water bottles..
Can last up to 2 weeks then find a toilet dump.

Does the barrel expand as it’s contents decompose? I’ve got one of those waste water barrels with the two caps, which I no longer use for grey water. I wanted to explore the underslung option as we only have a 6m van so internal space is at a premium.

Has anyone thought of a underslung holding tank with loo connected to it.
Outlet could be connected into ex sys with a none return valve to stop blow back.:)😰😂😂😂 pump out at speed on the m/way.

Does the barrel expand as it’s contents decompose? I’ve got one of those waste water barrels with the two caps, which I no longer use for grey water. I wanted to explore the underslung option as we only have a 6m van so internal space is at a premium.
No problem with barrel expanding .it works for us.

Anyone handy at DIY can make an underslung cradle to hold a cassette
0284B91A-0465-4B0A-B1F9-0163A02A9794.jpeg
from slotted angle that winds down like the spare wheel.
Instructions to make this were in the Dec 2017 issue of MMM.
B3A9C2D5-64A2-4261-894B-59A7324FA4B3.jpeg

Anyone handy at DIY can make an underslung cradle to hold a cassetteView attachment 83180 from slotted angle that winds down like the spare wheel.
View attachment 83181
Thanks. Having sold my welder to another WC member welding is no more an option, however I can make up a simple riveted aluminium sheet box with hinge down base tray that does pretty much what the Fiamma device does. F don’t do one that fits our C225 cassette. Just need to check out what Roller Team use for their floor panels before thinking about fixings.

Has anyone thought of a underslung holding tank with loo connected to it.
Outlet could be connected into ex sys with a none return valve to stop blow back.:)😰😂😂😂 pump out at speed on the m/way.
Many manufacturers inject urine into the exhaust any ways.

Anyone handy at DIY can make an underslung cradle to hold a cassetteView attachment 83180 from slotted angle that winds down like the spare wheel.
View attachment 83181
This is the article I saw before creating a metal framed fibre glass box version to keep the cassette cleaner. Fits great under a 6m Ducato. Fiat even provide a nicely placed 12mm threaded hole in the chassis above the back axle for the hinged rear mount.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back