Spain for winter

• Thread starter Deleted member 22328
  • Start date
pet travel requirements are designed to prevent the spread of Rabies and Tapeworm etc it makes no blooming differance if we are in the EU or not the physical constraints are the same this is all just another example of EU bureaucrats making life difficult for us because we no longer wish you line their pockets. All Bullshit maybe we should all holiday in the UK and to hell with them.

Don't have a pet, and no expert. But historically wasn't quarantining, inoculations, a British set
of conditions and requirements, to prevent these diseases and maladies entering the British Isles.
Then the British authorities decided that so many people wanted to take fido overseas and that with
modern methods a system could be devised to make the process of taking a dog abroad much
more practical, so introduced the system we have today, and not much to do with the EU.
Could be wrong.

Last edited:
Don't have a pet, and no expert. But historically wasn't quarantining, inoculations, a British set
of conditions and requirements, to prevent these diseases and maladies entering the British Isles.
Then the British authorities decided that so many people wanted to take fido overseas and that with
modern methods a system could be devised to make the process of taking a dog abroad much
more practical, so introduced the system we have today, and not much to do with the EU.
Could be wrong.
You are absolutely right . Hee haw to do with EU bureaucrats . They've been accused of so many things they didn't and , often , physically couldn't , do that you could almost feel sorry for them .

Have you sorted out a passport for your dog yet, I have a friend coming over this week with his dog and as yet cant get any answers about what he needs if GB leaves the EU, to get the dog back.
I believe because he leaves before Brexit he and dog come back under old rules. We had long conversations with the government help line which someone has put a link to somewhere on this thread.

I believe because he leaves before Brexit he and dog come back under old rules. We had long conversations with the government help line which someone has put a link to somewhere on this thread.
I have phoned the Spanish embassy and they said they haven't got any idea yet what will happen and my friend got the same answer when he called some one in England , for me it's a blinking joke

et travel helpline
Contact the pet travel helpline if you need more help:
Email: pettravel@apha.gov.uk
Telephone: 0370 241 1710 Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm (closed on bank holidays)

Takes a bit of reading but the helpline above was brilliant Ken

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back