Southampton

Baden87

Hi all
Any one know of an overnight layup near red funnel in Southampton ?
Cheers guys

I doubt that you'll find anything very near to Red Funnel terminal, but it does depend on what you mean by "near". Best bet is probably to see what you can find on the outskirts of Southampton, perhaps alongside Southampton Water (particularly on the W side) or the Itchen.

Sorry to jump in on this but im going to keyhaven and looking for some free overnight near the yatch club
thanks Tissy

Sorry to jump in on this but im going to keyhaven and looking for some free overnight near the yatch club
thanks Tissy

LU Keyhaven is what you're looking for; it's in the POIs.

Tom

about 4 miles?

Hello baden, the nearest definite overnight wilding spot I use, is immediately south of Hythe on the opposite side of river, on waterfront by marina, with views of the main channel. This is just a waste ground wilding site, and about 5 miles from central Southampton. Or you can allow an hour or 2 to find a spot much nearer on the day.....steve bristol

Where

Thank you for the hythe tip can you be a little more specific where sorry I'm a numpty lol

The hythe park up is in the poi . I live up the road and see many campers use it . Traffic can be heavy in the am. Allow an hour to get into Southampton. It is a luvly spot opposite southampton.

is there a road name for it thanks

There's only one road running south from Hythe alongside Southampton Water, but why not become a Full Member and get access to all the POIs in Great Britain, France, and soon Iberia.

hamble common outside the marina
they put up no camping signs but as they are not legal the motorhomers ignore them
a lady of my acquaintance was camped up elsewhere on her own , police turned up and told her she would be safer outside the marina!

Google Maps You would be OK overnighting here , seen several vans overnight here, 30 MPH limit quiet at night , pub nearby .about 2 miles from the Red Funnel ferry port.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back