Southampton

Geraldine

Thinking of seeing a band at Talking heads pub this year. Anyone know a place where I could discretley park and stay the night?
Looked at the Poi and it seems rather along way off.
Cheers
David

Ps for confidential reasons it maybe best to PM me.

Last edited:
There is some parking on Cemetery Road, on the edge of Southampton Common. I've never had a reason to overnight in Southampton but park there to walk the dog after the dreaded Ikea visit and it looks like it may be a quiet spot (50.922301, -1.407157).

Talking Heads

320 Portswood Road, Southampton, Hampshire, SO17 2TD the-talking-heads-venue-lst100400.jpg It seems there may be more than one Talking Head Pub in Southampton, but if it is this one it is about 4 miles from where I live and you could overnight in my garden if you want to,subject to when? PM me if interested,there is a POI at Mansbridge alongside the White Swan pub [Riverside the Itchen ] which also has a large car park too.

Talking Heads

320 Portswood Road, Southampton, Hampshire, SO17 2TD View attachment 38183 It seems there may be more than one Talking Head Pub in Southampton, but if it is this one it is about 4 miles from where I live and you could overnight in my garden if you want to,subject to when? PM me if interested,there is a POI at Mansbridge alongside the White Swan pub [Riverside the Itchen ] which also has a large car park too.

Wow Vindiboy, That is such a nice offer to pull up and stay in your Garden place/ spot.
Will seriously consider the invite.
Yes the Talking Heads pub seems to have moved to another venue from old. Thank you for pointing this out.
Need to check things are ok with my wife (Mandie) that I am clear to go. Also check tickets are still on sale.
Will pm with date once I have got the Ok. No probs if the dates are not convenient will stay at said poi.
Many thanks
David

Millie.
( Andrea)
Thank you for your offer and places to stay via Pm.
True friendship.
David x

Wow Vindiboy, That is such a nice offer to pull up and stay in your Garden place/ spot.
Will seriously consider the invite.
Yes the Talking Heads pub seems to have moved to another venue from old. Thank you for pointing this out.
Need to check things are ok with my wife (Mandie) that I am clear to go. Also check tickets are still on sale.
Will pm with date once I have got the Ok. No probs if the dates are not convenient will stay at said poi.
Many thanks
David
SUNDAY Hi have sent you a PM ,dates OK for me Malc,aka Vindiboy.

There is some parking on Cemetery Road, on the edge of Southampton Common. I've never had a reason to overnight in Southampton but park there to walk the dog after the dreaded Ikea visit and it looks like it may be a quiet spot (50.922301, -1.407157).

Looking on Streetview I see that it's pay and display with restrictions posted ... which probably include overnight usage.

Google Maps I have seen several vans overnighting here at times, it is a main throughfare into Southampton with a 30 mph limit but is very quiet at night , it is a boundry of Southampton Common , several hundred acres of parkland to wander , good pub nearby called the Bellmore Inn, no parking restriction signs here either, 50.929628 1.416889

Looking on Streetview I see that it's pay and display with restrictions posted ... which probably include overnight usage.
It has 4 hour parking slots, don't know about overnight here but will check it out when I go for a walk down there later .

Google Maps 50.937057 1.419958 I have also seen vans here overnighting at Southampton Sports Centre car parking free parking no restrictions, we have a super dooper Ski Slope here and a pub in the park, further parking further up the lane navigate there using the map.

Google Maps 50.937057 1.419958 I have also seen vans here overnighting at Southampton Sports Centre car parking free parking no restrictions, we have a super dooper Ski Slope here and a pub in the park, further parking further up the lane navigate there using the map.

Thanks for the suggestions which I've added to the Wild Camp POIs :D

Talking Heads

320 Portswood Road, Southampton, Hampshire, SO17 2TD View attachment 38183 It seems there may be more than one Talking Head Pub in Southampton, but if it is this one it is about 4 miles from where I live and you could overnight in my garden if you want to,subject to when? PM me if interested,there is a POI at Mansbridge alongside the White Swan pub [Riverside the Itchen ] which also has a large car park too.
It turned out that the Talking Heads Pub shown here is actually closed and is now at the Polygon area of Southampton , all worked out good for Star Treker in the end however, the Polygon area of Southampton is now a huge student area with the expansion of the Southampton University Campus and the new huge Student accommodation apartment blocks that have been built and parking in the area for other than cars is a nightmare, there is a huge multi story car park nearby for any one considering the Mayflower Theatre which is nearby.as is the Railway Station.

The pay and display is free for the first 4 hours and day use only. I did read the restrictions and didn't see anything on overnighting but perhaps someone living closer could have another look as it will hopefully be 12 months before I go to Ikea again.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back