Soundbar for Avtex?

We were talking about you just yesterday actually when looking at the fruit trees :)
I have not forgotten but so far I am going up stairs one at a time so ladders are in the future just not tomorrow. :) Julie spotted a slipped slate yesterday and we will need to ask somone to get up to push it back. A five minute job and so damn frustrating.

I tried the sound bar yesterday and its going back as there is a constant hum. Very annoying.

I use this one on my Avtex 24" TV - https://amzn.to/4g6GSLU
71GWA6R3xxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I thought the sound of the TV was not bad until I ran it through the Soundbar ... World of difference. Connected via the headphone socket of the TV into the Aux-in of the Soundbar.
Tried it and had a really nasty background hum so returned it.

Tried it and had a really nasty background hum so returned it.
That's a shame :( I adapted mine so it is not using the supplied transformer but direct off the 12V - maybe the Transformer is adding the noise?

I'm looking for a soundbar for a 12V Avtex tv that will not need the HDMI port. Suggestions please?
Ahh! The negative benefits of flatscreen TVs, wonderfull. Flog us a TV with speakers facing next door or someplace, any place except towards the listener. Is'nt PR and marketing clever, must be coz we fall victim to it time and time again. Customers as victims who are then forced to go out a spend loads more dosh on speakers so the thing can be heard. It's a sick joke!! Ok so you want it thin? You want it so thin that there is no room for speakers at the bottom top bottom sides facing forwards? Marketing and PR tells u that's what we want and we fall for it. Can't hear it? It our own fault for not demanding products fit for pupose.

I have not forgotten but so far I am going up stairs one at a time so ladders are in the future just not tomorrow. :) Julie spotted a slipped slate yesterday and we will need to ask somone to get up to push it back. A five minute job and so damn frustrating.

I tried the sound bar yesterday and its going back as there is a constant hum. Very annoying.
Long pole to push the slate back up? But i imagine it needs a clip under it to keep it there. Don't kno how that could be done from the ground mind you.

I'm looking for a soundbar for a 12V Avtex tv that will not need the HDMI port. Suggestions please?
Further to my rant about flat screen TVs, could the footware industry convince us that we want footware with eyeholes for laces but no laces? Same thing innit?

Ok so after a couple of errors, all mine of course and some language issues we are up and running. Coaxial in Avtec speak actually means PHONO. Close eh and no room for error. Thank goodness for Amazon and the refund policy. The lead in the instructions does clearly say COAXIAL. GRRRRRRRRRRR To be fair though the tech support was easily found and communicated well.

So now the right lead is in place and the power is worked out it works and damn well too. Impressed and as it also works as a music box from USB sticks that gives us another option when we want to read with sounds.

Not tried it on the road yet but the van is back on the road in October and time will tell.

Ok so after a couple of errors, all mine of course and some language issues we are up and running. Coaxial in Avtec speak actually means PHONO. Close eh and no room for error. Thank goodness for Amazon and the refund policy. The lead in the instructions does clearly say COAXIAL. GRRRRRRRRRRR To be fair though the tech support was easily found and communicated well.

So now the right lead is in place and the power is worked out it works and damn well too. Impressed and as it also works as a music box from USB sticks that gives us another option when we want to read with sounds.

Not tried it on the road yet but the van is back on the road in October and time will tell.
I would have thought the vast majority of people buying an Avtex sound bar will be wanting to connect it to an Avtex tv. It’s poor that they don’t include leads that can be used.

Oh they did to be fair but only 15" long. We don't want to mount the unit below the TV as the panel there is pretty thin for the weight. So the provided lead was way too short.

Back