SOS Shelter needed

Sue- might be cheaper to get another van,this is going to cost a fortune in doughnuts !

So theres where i have been going wrong,its doughnuts for stopping leaks in vans.
Gaffer tape for joints in meantime.

if you get stuck I have room and could erect the marquee over the van but would need help to get it up and covered plus someone to actually do the roof sealing. a rubber roof sealing compound would probably be the answer and do the whole roof, Trouble is it generally only comes in black or grey.

Last year I Raked out the Failing sealant on all my Roof joints, Cleaned them out, Re Purflexed the joints & then Painted 2 coats of Isoflex glass strand re enforced Roof repair paint on top,
Dropbox - IMAG1455_1.jpg
So far, So good.

Can't help at all as useless at stuff like this and don't have any undercover storage, but just to say I hope you can get it sorted out soon, Sue.

if you get stuck I have room and could erect the marquee over the van but would need help to get it up and covered plus someone to actually do the roof sealing. a rubber roof sealing compound would probably be the answer and do the whole roof, Trouble is it generally only comes in black or grey.

HEY,,,I HOPE SHE SEES THIS POST !

Yeah that's a GREAT offer, I ofcourse will help out Wildman !.
I THINK she is busy with commitments of sorts until early January, But if your offer is still available then, That is going to be a GREAT result.
If you need any help around the site I CAN help out there as well Wildman.
Um,,Errr,,,I take it you still have some of your Homemade Wine available !!.

good job how long did it take.

Thanks,,I had 7 days of Good weather, & a good space to do it, it did take about 40-45Hrs over that time. But I certainly didn't tax myself, Those days are well gone & Forgot.

Last edited by a moderator:

The lead foil comes off in no time, been there done that on a previous van also on leaking landrover sunlights.

Notice I did say TemporaryRepair she could possible get someone near by just to stick it on with more thought this may offer a permanent repair Screwfix do a range of similar products

Thompsons High Performance Roof Seal Black 2.5Ltr | Seals and Roof Treatment | Screwfix.com

Last edited:
I THINK she has disappeared, Hope it's sorted.

Sue, I did repliy to your PM Last night, Haven't heard back from you !

HEY,,,I HOPE SHE SEES THIS POST !

Yeah that's a GREAT offer, I ofcourse will help out Wildman !.
I THINK she is busy with commitments of sorts until early January, But if your offer is still available then, That is going to be a GREAT result.
If you need any help around the site I CAN help out there as well Wildman.
Um,,Errr,,,I take it you still have some of your Homemade Wine available !!.
Sue has been here and seen the marquee, more importantly she survived my wine, hee hee

Well, Still no reply to PM, so I hope all is sorted. I will head the opposite way now then lol lol.

think its been very generous of you to offer help with such gusto and enthusiasm.......and like you, do hope sue has managed to sort something out......happy travels to you n. zombie.

Roof repair

Hi sue sent you pm let me know if you got it. Wully

Hi Guys, First of all Really sorry i havent replied to some of your kind offers of help but its been a hectic time. Nesting Zombie: you have gone above and beyond with your offer of help and i really appreciate it, Wildman: thankyou for your offer of the marquee and a venue to do the repairs, And the other OP who also offered me a space.
Loosercruiser who repairs fibreglass roofs has also offered his help as has Martlet, Thankyou all...!!

So to sum everything up ive read and taken note of everybody's advice and have decided to do a temporary repair (or tarp) as i think trying to do the repairs this time of year would be a waste of time.

So...come the spring i shall try and find a venue fairly central that suits the people that would still like to help. And of course i shall supply copious amounts of doughnuts!!!

You people on here never fail to amaze me with how generous of spirit you all are...!!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back