Sonic mouse deterrents?

Alshymer

Hi
Having just spent a small fortune on a top engine and cam belt refit all due to mice/ squirrels, what are people’s views on sonic mouse deterrents.
Shutting the stable door or what??

Hi
Having just spent a small fortune on a top engine and cam belt refit all due to mice/ squirrels, what are people’s views on sonic mouse deterrents.

I would worry about whether they irritate the hell out of my dogs. 🐶🤔

I have a couple in our garage but regularly catch mice in traps, so draw your own conclusions, maybe they work better in a confined space under the bonnet 🤔

Not had an issue with rodents (hope I didn’t speak too soon) but my drive is very clinical, walls and block paving, van lives on levelling system and next door have cats.

I have left poison as above but no sign of any takers.

Hi Alshymer
I've got a sonic one which is mains operated, only trouble I have got with it is when it's switched on it sets my complicated Sygma van alarm off.
So have had to go back to humane traps.

They definitely work with squirrels. Had them in the attic for 2 year running caught and "dealt" with several in live traps but they kept coming. 3rd Yr and I set up a couple of hard wired sonic scarers (triggered by motion sensors) not heard them since (5yrs) still there I check them occasionally.

They definitely work with squirrels. Had them in the attic for 2 year running caught and "dealt" with several in live traps but they kept coming. 3rd Yr and I set up a couple of hard wired sonic scarers (triggered by motion sensors) not heard them since (5yrs) still there I check them occasionally.
Should have called Ral 😉

I use sonic repellants in the van and garage. Not had any rodent damage. I can hear them and certainly would not choose to stay next to thehm.

Hi
We have one in our garage, not one mouse in any of the traps over several years, but i do have to keep changing the cheese! Before that we had a lot of mouse issues, easy acces for them via a neigbour's ivy clad fence.
Had the widget years, no idea where it came from.
Long before the widget and mouse issues we had a killer cat - an option.

We have one in our garage, not one mouse in any of the traps over several years, but i do have to keep changing the cheese! Before that we had a lot of mouse issues, easy acces for them via a neigbour's ivy clad fence.
Had the widget years, no idea where it came from.
Long before the widget and mouse issues we had a killer cat - an option.
Mice dont eat cheese, put some chocolate in the trap.

Only just noticed this thread. I have had a sonic mouse deterrent in the van for a couple of years but it didn't get rid when I had a mouse and it didn't stop me getting another mouse. I am all for live and let live but when it comes to mice and rats getting in a van or a house I use proper traps for mice and bait boxes for rats.

They definitely work

We got a solar powered multi pest deterrent off eBay with options for deer, rats, mice, squirrels and raccoons (!?). Not seen any raccoons but the deer still munch our plants and the squirrels seem happy to sit by it chewing whatever they can. Waste of a fiver if you ask me

Hi
I have a mouse problem at home, tried traps, poison, sonic device's, 12 of them, I think I've cured it this year with poison grain and by blocking up the fire place and chimney, lots of poison grain in there now.

Hi
We have problems with mice usually over winter, although the van is still in use fairly regularly. We use the old fashioned traps, varying the attractant between peanut butter, cheese, and anything else we can find. We also have some newer varieties which have a plastic sleeve over the wood, with a small tube of attractant. Another repellant is to use essential oil, eucalyptus, lavender etc on a cotton wool ball in the areas they are using. We also do this where we have rats in the garden, thankfully not in the van! We live in a very rural area where they are endemic, sometimes use live traps for them. Good luck!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back