Solo vanners... driving on the wrong side of the road...

Hopefully you indicate as well ...

In France it is worth remembering that the protocol for roundabouts is different.

Unlike the UK it is normal practice with a two-lane roundabout to use the right-hand lane when taking, for example, the third exit. Make sure you're indicating left as you enter the roundabout so other drivers know what you plan ... And of course indicate right prior to the exit you're taking.

Very few use winkies here,in fact almost got killed tonight with old fart turned down exit lane on m/way coming from antrim hospital,i opened window from hard shoulder and shouted at him to turn and follow me,only to receive a blank bewildered look and then to see him in mirror continue,wife phoned police and they said will sort with rolling block.

Very few use winkies here,in fact almost got killed tonight with old fart turned down exit lane on m/way coming from antrim hospital,i opened window from hard shoulder and shouted at him to turn and follow me,only to receive a blank bewildered look and then to see him in mirror continue,wife phoned police and they said will sort with rolling block.

Not using indicators is a lot more dangerous, especially on motorways, than those that don't use them realise. Sheer dangerous laziness. I'm sure it is the cause of many accidents, changing lane without indicating, however things won't change.
I remember in the states they used the overhead warning matrices to give messages like 'USE TRAFFICATORS ITS THE LAW' pity we don't do the same.

Not using indicators is a lot more dangerous, especially on motorways, than those that don't use them realise. Sheer dangerous laziness. I'm sure it is the cause of many accidents, changing lane without indicating, however things won't change.
I remember in the states they used the overhead warning matrices to give messages like 'USE TRAFFICATORS ITS THE LAW' pity we don't do the same.
#

we have REALLY useful messages on the side of motorways these days like "My daddy works on the motorway please take your rubbish home cos he might get hurt"....... as if we haven't got enough signs to read as it is....

i love the ROI because generally on smaller/A roads they tell you something on a sign... remind you once and then forget it..... here we ar bombarded with sometime 36 signs approaching a sharp bend in somerset.. ye we is all far too thick to be drivers... we need telling over and over and over

<snip> its the angle between the french motorway slip road and the motorway itself which is the problem when driving my RHD vehicle .... <snip> the mirror i have taped underneath my passenger windscreen visor can be angled as i can move the visor... so i have better line of vision. <snip>

I've adopted the same idea in my LHD moho and first indications are that a mirror secured to the passenger visor is an excellent solution.
I've used a Summit CV-1CG mirror (replacement glass only), which can be found from a number of suppliers on the Internet, including Commercial Mirror Head GLASS ONLY - 10" x 6" Convex - Universal 5012758111100 | eBay, and is of suitable dimensions for my sun visor; I hesitated about going for convex in case I ran into problems securing it, but thought that it would give a larger field of view. I've secured it to the visor using 3M 2-sided adhesive pads and Gorilla 2-sided tape and adhesion appears to be satisfactory to date; I have yet to find out how the adhesives perform when subjected to summer temperatures.

solo vanner

i understand totally what you mean, i’ve not been abroad yet in my camper van it’s left hand drive so in the uk it’s a similar experience i imagine, i always leave a car length in front of me when coming to a junction, i can see the traffic more clearly, i’m quite to it now luckily i can see through my rear window too, on the top of my door mirrors i’ve fix a small half round mirror these give me a wider view too, it’s also a good idea to put sticker on the rear of the vehicle, such as caution right hand drive, in your case when your in france, i’ve put the same on mine but left hand drive, just gives the other road users knowledge of your situation, and of course headlight beam deflectors, because your headlight would shine into the oncoming traffic,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back