Solar to charge leisure battery and van battery?

I wonder why the OP ched wants 400W panels. Is he going to operate a mobile disco at camp sites, with flashing lights and 2kw of sound system?
If all you want is to operate a TV and internal lights at night, 100 to 140W is plenty. 200W plus a decent inverter and a couple of Lead acid batteries is good enough to boil a kettle and an electric toaster - one after the other, obviously

I wonder why the OP ched wants 400W panels. Is he going to operate a mobile disco at camp sites, with flashing lights and 2kw of sound system?
If all you want is to operate a TV and internal lights at night, 100 to 140W is plenty. 200W plus a decent inverter and a couple of Lead acid batteries is good enough to boil a kettle and an electric toaster - one after the other, obviously
I am thinking of a 400watt panel for a few reasons, first they are about £70, second we want to be able to use the van as much as possible in spring and autumn when we won't get much sun so a larger panel should still give us a reasonable amount of charge. I do watch a lot of tv and when we had our last van (back in 2014) it had an 80 watt panel and that wasn't nearly enough in spring and autumn.
I'm thinking of 2 lead acids as it's too much agro and cost changing to lithium (dc to dc, mains charger plus batteries). We will have a small (300 watt ish) inverter for a few important things that we can't get 12v versions of.

Overall if I get 2 x 100 watt 12v panels it will cost more than 1 x 425 watt panel, yes it's probably a bit overkill but as long as I have the space (collect van tomorrow) it seems to make sense to get a single 425 watt panel - unless I have missed something?

I've got one of those works perfectly... Well at least for the last four years anyway...
Oohps sorry I haven't, I have the Votronic Trio and a Votronic mainainer for the stater battery.... I didn't look at the photo properly.

We get wi discount with bms in gloster my 50 100 Bluetooth = £ 150. 2 month ago.. my first victron 100 / 30 was £ 200

Not found a switching system yet that I like. From lipo to wet battery. But I ihave 2 panels on roof . Van battery just on end of life, so will need to sort by winter. Fit and forget is what I would like.
Any chance of posting a bit more info on the discount?

Yes if you can get a 400W panel for that price and fit it, why not? I see that prices of panels has dropped considerably lately. Make sure the regulator can cope when you are on the equator! But then if you wanted a cup of tea you could just put the kettle of water on the roof for two minutes.

Update:
We collected the van on Saturday and I measured up for the solar panel. Unfortunately I can't get a 400 watt panel to fit, which is a pity.
I went with a Craig Solar 300 watt panel which arrived yesterday. Victron Solar Smart 100/20 controller arriving Saturday. New 20mm Starret hole saw on it's way too! It should bolt to the existing transverse roof rails with 19mm tee bolts.
Hopefully I will get it fitted this weekend, thanks for everyone's help.

Any tips on getting the cables through a panel van roof?

You would be running the other batteries down using a inverter, dont make sense to me, something a paddy would do. 😂

It does work you just do it when its sunny. We have this stupid Stop / Start and the vehicle battery can be low. Just gives us the option. When on EHU at home the Smart Charger looks after the vehicle battery and I didn't have to alter any of the vehicle wiring. Everything I have done to our MH is removable so no problems with any warranty.

Back